Has anyone got any pictures of Mk1 militants in service?

Rob,

Don't tell me they still had Champs in service in 1990/91? Must have been the last one !!

Hi Richard,

Picture was taken at an open day. I know the Milly was part of the Regiment, I drove it on many an occasion, but if I remember right the champ belonged to one of the lads in the REME detachment and it was just having a day out

Hi Richard,

Picture was taken at an open day. I know the Milly was part of the Regiment, I drove it on many an occasion, but if I remember right the champ belonged to one of the lads in the REME detachment and it was just having a day out

I thought it must have been something like that! I knew a chap in REME who had a Champ, although not sure whether he ever took it to Germany. I have a lot of recollections of the old "Knockers", think the first one I drove was the Coles crane. We used to get most versions through the workshops. Changing the engine was not an easy job, at least not when our boss was in charge!

• 2 weeks later...