Bofors delivered!

.... if Kim Il Whatsit starts getting ideas. I did find a Morris Commercial Bofors carriage many years back that went to the late Tom Bowman in Newcastle. Don't know where it is now, but it was a nice piece of kit.

Where was this Bofors manufactured?

To be honest, I know nothing about this other than its gun number 17 and I was advised by another hmvf member it was from Portugal. It certainly has portugese brass labels on it.

Everything has got number 17 stamped on it !!

i have got to get the tyres replaced ( they actually have WD and the arrow on them ) and althought the bearings seem to be very good, I will get some spares just in case

To be honest, I know nothing about this other than its gun number 17 and I was advised by another hmvf member it was from Portugal. It certainly has portugese brass labels on it.

Everything has got number 17 stamped on it !!

i have got to get the tyres replaced ( they actually have WD and the arrow on them ) and althought the bearings seem to be very good, I will get some spares just in case

It looks like one of the early Swedish produced guns. The book 'The 40mm Bofors Gun' records that the Portuguese Army brought 54 in 1939-40. 48 British produced guns were supplied at a later date.

It looks like one of the early Swedish produced guns. The book 'The 40mm Bofors Gun' records that the Portuguese Army brought 54 in 1939-40. 48 British produced guns were supplied at a later date.

Thank you, that narrows the date down a bit

Hi Locolines

Just what I need to tow behind my Canadioan F30 Laat tractor, and I am going on the XXX trip !

Will you have it at war & peace?

Andy

I am afraid our daughter has been most inconsiderate, and is getting married that weekend, so I will be only going on the first day in our car. However, I would like it to go on the trip. I have to get new tyres and some spare wheel bearings first, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be ready.

i just managed to get an original cover for it yesterday for £8.00 !