Petrol Prices

woa2

I have seen in the news that Petrol is reducing in price. Cheapest I have seen so far is 131.7 at a local supermarket in Reading. Question is, when is it going to get below 130 a litre? First one to reply with a sighting of 129.9 a litre or less wins my thanks.

Also, I noticed this recently on a holiday. On the same day, Petrol was cheapest in Swanscombe,North Kent (132.9 at Esso), followed by Reading (134.7 at Asda) but Dorset prices are highest (138.9 at Tesco,Blandford)!! Jack, can you help with any reason?

Don't buy petrol (or diesel) in the Blandford area, whatever you do! It is more expensive here than anywhere else in the county, possibly even the western world!

The ESSO station at Lake Gates (west end of the Wimborne bypass) is the nearest affordable fuel to Blandford.

Poole area is much the same as Lake Gates, not too bad. The ESSO station at Nunney Catch in Somerset surprised me the other day by being the same as Poole/Lake Gates when I was expecting the rural price hike.

Just passed a petrol station with 130.9 a litre. The local Sainsburys superstore is having a 'spend £60 and get 10p off a litre' weekend this weekend. They are currently 133.9.

Thanks for the warnings about Blandford. I will be in Weymouth again in June, so I will shop around.

At least you don't pay a fortune in road taxes.

My little 2 seater Renault Express Diesel (about 950 Kilo) costs me 53 Euro a MONTH!!

Its dependant on fule type and weight, so a Diesel Landrover would be a fortune.

Anything in the UK built prior to 1st March 2001 will pay about 22 Euros/month in road tax plus the exorbitant fuel prices here in the UK.

Around here now that's £1.34/litre (1.57 Euros) for petrol and £1.46/litre (1.72 Euros) for diesel.

If you have a vehicle built on or after 1st March 2001 then the tax is a sliding band depending on emissions and, worst case scenario , it will knock you back about 48 Euros/momth. Not as bad you mate - but catching up fast!!

Anything in the UK built prior to 1st March 2001 will pay about 22 Euros/month in road tax plus the exorbitant fuel prices here in the UK.

Around here now that's £1.34/litre (1.57 Euros) for petrol and £1.46/litre (1.72 Euros) for diesel.

If you have a vehicle built on or after 1st March 2001 then the tax is a sliding band depending on emissions and, worst case scenario , it will knock you back about 48 Euros/momth. Not as bad you mate - but catching up fast!!

My car is built 1997.

• 2 weeks later...

I filled up at Morrisons in Reading at 129.9 a litre. ASDA are at 129.7 a litre.

Tesco currently have on offer on of spend £60 and get 10p off a litre. Stock up on tinned food for War & Peace and get cheap petrol.