Never ask why.....

James Shopland

See she looks amazing from this side......

Diamond T wrecker1.JPG

Does anyone know what the T number is on the front bumper?

Also she is fitted with air brakes with standard British Army couplings.

Does this mean she saw service in the British Army before she went to Hærens Kamp Skole?

James.

Also she is fitted with air brakes with standard British Army couplings.

Does this mean she saw service in the British Army before she went to Hærens Kamp Skole?

James.

Surely they are just standard palm couplings? A US design and used later by just about everybody.

Latest arrival at the Shopland Collection.....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]75304[/ATTACH]

One Careful owner! - (The rest weren't!)

I have to say, their is something enchanting about seeing this 969 in such a poor state of repair and yet it has still found a new sympathetic home, regardless of its condition - Not entirely dissimilar to seeing the our Great British steam heritage mouldering in Barry Scrapyard in the post-steam decades and then finding new homes on preserved steam railways up and down the country.

Of course we all know that you can go out and buy one up-together and on the button for less than it is going to cost you to put this one into the same condition, but that isn't actually what our hobbie is all about is it.

What it is about is the 'preservation, restoration and demonstration of ex-military vehicles' and as such you have a more than worthy contender on your paws.

Good on you guys for not letting it go to the smelter in the current high-value climate for scrap metal.

Tony Butt (Anthony on HMVF) of Mendlesham, Suffolk has a wide array of 969/968 projects which he is probably never going to fully complete, so it may be worth a PM to him to see if he may be able to help you with anything you are looking for.

Edited by M5Clive
bad grammer

One Careful owner! - (The rest weren't!)

I have to say, their is something enchanting about seeing this 969 in such a poor state of repair and yet it has still found a new sympathetic home, regardless of its condition - Not entirely dissimilar to seeing the our Great British steam heritage mouldering in Barry Scrapyard in the post-steam decades and then finding new homes on preserved steam railways up and down the country.

Of course we all know that you can go out and buy one up-together and on the button for less than it is going to cost you to put this one into the same condition, but that isn't actually what our hobbie is all about is it.

What it is about is the 'preservation, restoration and demonstration of ex-military vehicles' and as such you have a more than worthy contender on your paws.

Good on you guys for not letting it go to the smelter in the current high-value climate for scrap metal.

Thanks Clive. I hate seeing the old girls getting broken up. The DT is completely out of character to the rest of the collection that is British and Commonwealth orientated. We will get there one day but it is years of work behind a number of other projects. :undecided:

I have a spare drivers side front wing left over from my restoration which is solid and only needs a bit of tidying up if it's any use.....

Ken

Thanks Ken that is very kind. I have been promised a pair of wings in the deal but if they don't turn up I will be on the phone straight away! :laugh: What i need is a pair of steps, lockers and fundamentally a cab. The door post have rotted out completely and dash has split :embarrassed: It is shot. Will post some pictures in the near future.