Wicksteed at War - MVT National Show

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant show, very well organised and thoroughly enjoyed by the Second City Militia who made the trip. Congratulations to all those involved.

There were several members of the MVT CoM who saw the 'swimming' incident. I was one of them. I am sure what happened will be investigated and discussed in a calm manner and lessons learned. I will make one personal comment. If you are going to have somebody acting as look out it is a good idea if they actually did that job and give instructions rather than filming it. The good thing is nobody was hurt.

As to comments made on this forum care has to be taken not to stifle free speech whilst controlling ill thought out remarks. I am sure that Jack is more than capable of controlling the subject matter.

Great to see the guys from the NLBA and relive some of the Pas de Calaise experiences.

Phil P

HI guys,

Just to keep you up to date. The safety report for the Wicksteed at War show is now complete. It will go for review with the organising team on Wednesday and then be submitted to the MVT safety officer. This will also be accompanied by an updated MVT safety guide which we have done based on what we learnt from the show.

The guide to swimming amphibious vehicles is still being produced and will follow on behind. All the comments in this string have been considered and implemented where applicable.

Tim Hawkes

Show Director

Wicksteed at War.

HI guys,

Just to keep you up to date. The safety report for the Wicksteed at War show is now complete. It will go for review with the organising team on Wednesday and then be submitted to the MVT safety officer. This will also be accompanied by an updated MVT safety guide which we have done based on what we learnt from the show.

The guide to swimming amphibious vehicles is still being produced and will follow on behind. All the comments in this string have been considered and implemented where applicable.

Tim Hawkes

Show Director

Wicksteed at War.

Thanks for the update Tim..

Great to see the guys from the NLBA and relive some of the Pas de Calaise experiences.

Phil P

hello you old git! Sorry I wasn't there to down a few beers with you but busy keeping the peace... But the boys did send me a few photos of you... Lol looks like a great place and show...

HI guys,

Tim Hawkes

Show Director

Wicksteed at War.

First class all round Tim!