Wicksteed at War - MVT National Show

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With all the planning going on this should really be a good show.

The great part is also its location,pretty central,and remember that this is the MVT national show its here this year.

For those who have not been before the location offers something for the whole family.

Watch this space !!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just booked in today with the CET FV180, the organiser asked if I minded being on standby with the winch in case any of the other amphibs decide to sink. I will not be swimming the CET as I do not have the very illusive flotation aids required for the correct trim in the water, I may go for a little padle though if the tide conditions are suitable !

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Anybody had any bad experiences with theft, car or otherwise, at this show, as we are coming down with a packed car and trying to work out what we will need to carry around the show with us.

Would appreciate any comments on whether there has been any trouble with the "light-fingered low-lifes".

Thanks,

Mike.

I will also be at the show with my ot-90 too, should be next to neils so there will be two parked next to each other and we are planning on doing some syncronised ot-90 swimming :-)

:captain::captain:

I will also be at the show with my ot-90 too, should be next to neils so there will be two parked next to each other and we are planning on doing some syncronised ot-90 swimming :-)

:captain::captain:

Oh good two to rescue !

Or two to take you for an improptu bath!! :-D :-D

Looking at mine the other day I reckon the lake will turn brown as it is still caked in W&P mud from last year!!

Oh please no ! I haven't learnt to swim yet !

On a more serious note have you ever seen pictures of a CET swimming, they were nicknamed "THE FROG" by the RE. They were also nicknamed "the CRRAV TRAILER" by the REME.

Edited by antar

Oh please no ! I haven't learnt to swim yet !

On a more serious note have you ever seen pictures of a CET swimming, they were nicknamed "THE FROG" by the RE. They were also nicknamed "the CRAAV TRAILER" by the REME.

No - never seen a CET in the water... Could never understand why so many NATO vehicles were said to be amphibious - BUT - needed extra kit fitted and a lot of time to be able to do so.

Or two to take you for an improptu bath!! :-D :-D

Looking at mine the other day I reckon the lake will turn brown as it is still caked in W&P mud from last year!!

Have fun & try not to sink Neil, won't be able to mate it now as behind in moving into new unit as did my back in moving some of the heavy kit :(

Cheers Lee :-D Nick from Trappers will be there too plus some of the Red Alliance Team UK members. We're going to try some synchronised swimming (or sinkng) in the lake.... :cool2:

Sorry to hear you've done the back in again - do you need a hand in moving next week? Tied up this week in getting stuff sorted for Wicksteed but will be free after.

Totally peed off, spent all the evenings this week sorting the jeep out for this only to have a drastic gearbox failure, suspect oil seal gone in box, emptied out oil over handbrake drum which caught light on a test drive. Managed to put it out thankfully. More gutted for the sprigs as I had promised them a ride round the park on it. Will be there, just not with the green thing. So if anyone can offer a ride on the parade around the park, for me the missus and two sprogs I would be open to offers...:(