Landrover 109" Series 3 FFR

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neil,

What about the rear bumperettes?

Chris

It's got a Civvy rear X-member Chris - rear bumperettes have no where to go. Thats the same reason the rear towing pintle, 24v socket and convoy light are still in the garage and not fitted yet :-(

Once the MOT is sorted and the season is over I'll have the spare cash to get the rear X-Member swapped over.

i think hes been stollied! :whistle:

This is true :-) :-) Also been trying to sort my own car's MOT out so I can get to work for the remaining 66 days (less weekends and 30 days vacation..) Not helped by GM sending all parts for models prior to the NG900 to the crusher. Barstewards!!!!!

Need to ring a certain garage in Barking today to get an MOT booked. :schocked:

good luck tomorow mine scraped through yesterday after having a lot done but now have to repair rear axel bearing and oilseal as have got a leak

will be done for the plain visit or will have to get a trailer and just drive the little bit on the plain

Good luck Neil we are wafting incense in Dorset, to our God, the great Cardinal Puff :-D oh no not another drink.....

Regards HF :evil:

Bad new I'm afraid - she failed!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Both the O/S brakes were shot - seized or seizing cylinders. Everything else was OK so some good news there - but I've got no chance of sorting them before the weekend after next so I guess I'm not going to make the trip to the Plains this time.......

Edited:Forgot to say - Stuart reckons the knocking noise is the big ends and advised not to try the run down in case the engine blows on the M25!! :-( :-(

:cry: :cry: :cry: And you was doing so well Neil :cry: :cry: :cry: if only I still had the Landie 101 you could have used that. Right get your gear sorted and come in the car then, sorry Neil still got to come - NO EXCUSES :tup:

:cry: :cry: :cry: And you was doing so well Neil :cry: :cry: :cry: if only I still had the Landie 101 you could have used that. Right get your gear sorted and come in the car then, sorry Neil still got to come - NO EXCUSES :tup:

Yeah - icing on the cake #2 - mine went in for the MOT Monday - still not got it back, needed a new steering column and GM have sent all the old SAAB parts to the crusher. As of 17:30 last night it was still in the garage.

And the wife is using her Explorer all weekend - taking the caravan away to a rally. :-(

And to REALLY rub salt in the wound, I got back to work today to be told I've got to go to Germany on May 10th to hand my work over to the Fourth Reich because they can't be bothered to come over here. >:( >:(

Never rains but it pours does it????????

Might be able to get a tracked vehicle in Germany Niel maybe a Kettenkrad :whistle:

If I thought there was even a chance of that I go gladly!! But the minibnus meets the flight, takes you straight into the Kz known as Merkenich then returns you back to the airport 9 hours later..........

do you reckon you could pick up some munga wheels on the way ;-)

Just 'cos Lee finally found a mug - oops - willing volunterr top get it off his drive at long last!!! :evil: :evil:

Some how - even if I could find any - I doubt they will fit in the boot of my Saab. Not that thats working well right now - finally got it back tonight with an MOT - but the speedo's not working, heater is on full bore (no joke for a car built to survive arctic temps) and the idle control is up the creek again. :-( :-( Guess I'll be going back Monday night to see them again.....