Not everything goes to plan

Brucie

[ATTACH=CONFIG]70889[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]70890[/ATTACH]

Just thought I would share some photos of whilst I was serving in Northern Ireland. There were some incidents of petrol bombs being dropped through the rear hatch on the makrolon rovers causing injuries to the squaddies. The main workshops in Northern Ireland came to our camp and fitted modifications to the Landrover being shown, 2 fire extinguisher fitted in the front of the rover between the Driver and the commander with pipes leading off the extinguishers to sections of the landrover as you get in amoured vehicles but this was not so refined with the intent that the fire ext could be set off by either the commander or the driver to minimise injury.

Prior to our Friday afternoon 3 mile sprinticon7.png around the areas outside our camp the Colonel assembled the Battalion on the square and preceded to set alight the landrover along with a couple of dummies inside. When the landrover was well alight the fire extinguisher were set off and nothing happened despite many attempts to set off the extinguishers and the landrover continued to blaze. Then the back up plan swung into action using the vehicle fire extinguisher and our brave Regimental Police tackled the fire ( see second photo fire ext into thin air) and eventually the fire was put out and the Colonel was saved the embarresment of having to pay for a burnt out rover?

LR NI 84.jpg

LR2 NI 84.jpg

Just left click on picture a couple of times and they enlarge

Edited by Brucie

They were working for me, but tried now and they are not !

Hi Richard

I shall reply to you as you are a moderator, this has happened to me in the past a couple of times when I have tried to click onto an attachment, always thought it was me or my computer but obviously not, some glitch in the system?

Hi Richard

I shall reply to you as you are a moderator, this has happened to me in the past a couple of times when I have tried to click onto an attachment, always thought it was me or my computer but obviously not, some glitch in the system?

I think it is the method of attachment, have you ever posted pics up were they show without clicking?

If they are on your computors file, then scroll down to Attacments and click on the box "Manage attachments"

Then on the new page click top right box "Add files", then in the new box "select files". That brings up your PC contents menu and you click on the pics you want, and follow on from there.

Don't know why they opened for me, but will not open now.

Apparantly it has righted itself while I was composing this !