Anybody seen Jack?

Degsy

He appears to have gone AWOL again having missed his 11 o'clock appointment for his shampoo etc. The secret formula championship winning sheep slurry shampoo had been specially prepared.........guaranteed to outdo Shirley Temples curls all he'd need is a gallon of peroxide (supplied by ourselves at a suitably extortionate rate) and a pink dress (not in stock, check wardrobe, should be next to the pink cushion). To complete the job he'd have to lisp his way through a quick chorus of 'The Good Ship Lollipop'. Job done.:trustme:

Tim that just made me laugh so much!!!!!

Sorry Degsy - I bottled it - I asked all the women in Dorset if I should cut my locks off and they said NO - I would lose all my boyish good looks. So I went for a coffee instead. :-D

He is still in Germany. I told him there was a military rally on and he went:

Jacksaway2.jpg

Tim,

The 6th photo down is of a sub in Australia, at the little town of Holbrook on the Hume Highway. A long, long way from the sea :D. Seen it many times and wondered how they got it there.

Yes. Quite an exercise. I wonder what the connection with that town was. I suppose i should just look it up on the internet. Hold on.

To honor Lt. Holbrook the town's namesake, the Holbrook council acquired a portion of the hull of HMAS Otway, a decommissioned Oberon class submarine when it was decommissioned by the Royal Australian Navy in 1995. The Navy gifted the fin from the submarine to the town. This resulted in a drive by the town and district to bid on the whole submarine. This drive for the purchase of the submarine, was successful in raising $100,000, almost all a gift from Lt Holbrook's widow Gundula Holbrook. However, this amount was insufficient to purchase all of the Otway. Through negotiations with the scrap yard in Sydney, the town did succeed in purchasing all of the outside skin of the Otway above the waterline. This part of the Otway is now displayed in Germanton Park in the heart of Holbrook, having been dedicated on 7–8 June 1997.

Isnt the internet great?

Tim

Sorry Degsy - I bottled it - I asked all the women in Dorset if I should cut my locks off and they said NO - I would lose all my boyish good looks. So I went for a coffee instead. :-D

Well I reckon you and they got it wrong again.......all the females here (several hundred) are going mad over the rams after their trim:D