HGV MOT/Licence Needed or Not

I was asked to verify this vehicle recently for the MVT as it is on my doorstep and all I had to do was check that what he said to the MVT verification officer was correct. I don't know about the MoT and tax exempt, but a phone call to the MVT verification officer would check this. If you are interested in buying the vehicle, PM me for more details. I am not connected with the seller in any way.

Oh dear, I can't read- you were asking about HGV driving licence, not MOT! Scribble deleted.....carry on.

No Mate You were right...HGV Mot and HGV licence...I have an HGV class1 License but Others who would want to drive the truck do not have any HGV at all and HGV MOT is a big factor

Andy

No Mate You were right...HGV Mot and HGV licence...I have an HGV class1 License but Others who would want to drive the truck do not have any HGV at all and HGV MOT is a big factor

Andy

Not used in conjunction with a trade or business and pre 1960 exempt testing plating and LGV licence

Post 1960 even used privately test plate and LGV licence required

That must be one well-built truck - unladen weight looks to be 8.36 tonnes! Anyone else surprised?

Some were later rebuilt with modern Renault cabs and new engines, pushing ULW to 8.6 t (payload up from 4 to 5 t)

Hi guys

Im 24 years old and have a diamond t wrecker which is in rebuild, l have my trailer test and the debate is do you need a hgv licence to drive it. some people say no as it a classic vehicle 1945. is this true?

michael

Hi guys

Im 24 years old and have a diamond t wrecker which is in rebuild, l have my trailer test and the debate is do you need a hgv licence to drive it. some people say no as it a classic vehicle 1945. is this true?

michael

I wish I had a Diamond T wrecker :cry:

I wish I was 24 :cry: