An odd door has turned up!

Redherring

Ok, a bit of a silly suggestion, but turned the other way up could it be a rear door from something along the lines of a Bedford QL refueller? The hinged flap would tend to discredit this idea, but maybe a post war mod?

Ok, a bit of a silly suggestion, but turned the other way up could it be a rear door from something along the lines of a Bedford QL refueller? The hinged flap would tend to discredit this idea, but maybe a post war mod?

Hang on there Mark, you might be close here ! Just looking at it the other way up, could be from a water tank trailer, the flap is to access the delivery taps, without opeing the doors.

Hang on there Mark, you might be close here ! Just looking at it the other way up, could be from a water tank trailer, the flap is to access the delivery taps, without opeing the doors.

I think that settles it, well done Mark and Richard.

Well done all. Glad this sparked some interest. No red herring here - the name actually comes from my internet football team (AFL dream team) - aussie rules! My cousin Pete found the door up in the hills in southern NSW while hunting deer. Neither of us had any idea of its origin despite looking up the usual books & internet. We had figured it probably featured on the back of something. Can't wait to tell Pete he had it upside down! Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Saw my cousing Pete from 'them thar hills' on the weekend complete with 4WD & an assortment of Jack Russell terriers. He says that even though the metal is light guage the door is really heavy! Could it be packed with insulation of some sort? Asbestos is not that heavy; or is it?