Punctures

Mark

Well thats it the joys of owning a big MV, I have just changed my first puncture on the Reo, it took two of us just to lift the wheel off, (big things they are) I did contemplate fixing it myself as the wheels are split rims but after reading the horror stories on other forums 34 (sorry Jack) about explosions etc. I took it down to the local lorry place where it cost me a tenner to fix, just glad it was a front and not the doubles at the rear when that happens it will be another story I suppose.

Mark,

Just be thankful you didn't end up with 2 puncutres in the same day. I had one on the way down to Kemble in the Ferret, and a second one when parked up. Luckily ATS in Cirencester stock tractor inner tubes so we managed to fix them both!

Chris

Being a Yank - I dunno what a tenner is - but I'd much prefer a flat on the rear over the front if driving. No loss of control issues as their can be with the front. Steering a Reo or a 5-ton with a front tire flat is no joy.

Regards,

David Doyle

It was the front David but luckily parked in the drive when it went down, a tenner is ten pounds (english)