Albion BY5 Folding Boat Body

PB1954RNS

Would any members of this forum remember a Albion BY5 that was sold to a new owner in France. I'm trying to contact the former UK owner to see if they still would have any contact details for the French owner.

I think the UK owner was from Yorkshire area ????.

I'm taking on a Albion BY5 as a restoration project and need details of the rear body and the 4 towers to have new parts made for mine.

Spares Wanted: Rear Spring Towing Hook with brackets.

Contact Paul Burns - tele 01454 617448 or email paulburns@honey45.plus.com

Would any members of this forum remember a Albion BY5 that was sold to a new owner in France. I'm trying to contact the former UK owner to see if they still would have any contact details for the French owner.

I think the UK owner was from Yorkshire area ????.

I'm taking on a Albion BY5 as a restoration project and need details of the rear body and the 4 towers to have new parts made for mine.

Spares Wanted: Rear Spring Towing Hook with brackets.

Contact Paul Burns - tele 01454 617448 or email paulburns@honey45.plus.com

Is the 'Folding Boat Body' also know as a 'Pontoon Body' ? as there a scrap yard near me with what I am told is an Albion with a pontoon body.

Is the 'Folding Boat Body' also know as a 'Pontoon Body' ? as there a scrap yard near me with what I am told is an Albion with a pontoon body.

Ian,

I think you will find that Albion has been cut through the chassis behind the cab, with only front remaining. Back was used for a trailer I believe.

Hi.

Many, Many thanks to all members who answered my question about the French owner of the Albion BY5, I shall be in touch with him.

The remains of the Albion in the scrap yard - is indeed Mains Scrap in Oxfordshire. I took photo's of the remains in 2011 and after considering the work involded to restore it, I asked if it was for sale. With the half a lorry and a rear bogie off another Albion chassis they wanted £2,000 for it - this to me was unacceptable and made an offer more on the lines of a scrap price, this was turned down.

The Albion that has gone abroad was brought by me back in 1981 but due to lack of space and moving around, I could no longer keep it and was put up for sale.

This old Albion was always a firm favourite of mine and was very sad to see it go and always wanted a replacement to which I have now got.

Many thanks again

Paul Burns.

• 8 months later...

Hi Paul,

Hope you dont mind this thread being resurected, but did you take on a BY5 anyway, not the one from the scrapyard?

If so, any updates? Any does anyone know if the scrapyard one was saved?

There seems to be very little information on this type of vehicle.

Thanks.

Dave.