Go on, gimmie a notion...

biscuits_brown

After having just about wrecked a Lightweight by leaving it lying at my backside for five years plus (including a bit of arson), principally due to being unable to actually drive the thing legally.....

I have a. some spare cash and b. impending legal driving ability.

I want to buy a new toy.

10k absolute top whack (would need to be nice to induce me to spend that much) drivable on standard licence and UK road legal, apart from that anything goes.

Discuss.

Has to be a Dodge WC. Its still relatively cheep to run and is practical. By buying one WC you will have some spare cash to buy a Ben Hur trailer, put some fuel in it and have a decent stock of spares. Can still be used as a sleeper as well.

GMC would be next choice but not quite so practical.

Halftrack would be cool :-D but then you are looking at big running costs, transporation etc, and then you get all the hangers on who want to be your "friend" cos you've got some armour!

Jeeps - common but fun. Over priced though.

Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge Dodge ...erm Dodge :-D

:-D

See, here's the problem, ask ten people get ten answers...

Guy in the pub last night almost sold me on the notion of a good example of a 110FFR and some radio kit.

Any particular reason why dodges are so popular hereabouts?

For WW2 people they have good price/quality ratio.

Not as expensive as a Jeep, not to big, reasonable fueleconomy.

In Holland we only need a normal carlicense.

Spares readily available and lots of room inside.

I do actually like the Dodges.

And I'm not adverse to the idea, my main interest though is definately 'Cold War'.

My collection of non vehicle related items centres around NBC detection/protection and CD equipment.

So while I don't rule out WWII vehicles by any means (frankly, I find they garner more interest from the public and opportunities for display) I do have a bit of a leaning towards something a bit more recent.

Now, if anyone happens to know anything about the 101's fitted with IBIDS for Granby, I might even be tempted to extend my financial limit :-D :-D

so is a Ferret and its British and its post war :tup: :bow:

In 1976 I arrived in NI as a reinforcement with a Group A licence pre-Army. As all the drivers were in Tidworth retraining on CVR(T) (the NI tour was a line between the regiment's old armoured role and its new recce role), I found myself volunteered to drive a Ferret (Mark 2) on the strength of my A licence.

To this day, Ferret has been the best ride of my life, and I mean that most sincerely, folks.

Wear warm gloves and socks in winter though.

Depends really what you want to do with it.

Going to shows? Get something big enough to carry your tent and gear.

Driving a fair distance? Get something that cruises at over 50mph

Can't go wrong with a 110, plenty around, and easy to fix, plus you can change your theatre of operations with a paint can and roller!

Desert or nato, you choose! :-D

Plus of course you won't have to dress up like a yank (and you will have lots of change from your 10K)