Rolling 30 year tax exemption Petition

gritineye

Think we know the answer to that one already :-(

True - but - "don't ask, don't get"!! They probably will ignore the request but at least we can say we tried and didn't just roll over and toe the Gov't line like politically correct morons! :D:D

Edited by ArtistsRifles

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not signed.... The 1973 cut off coinsides with the old number plates which is kind of nice. Most pre 73 vehicles need more care and maintainence so are owned by people who know what they are doing so for me the tax exemption is just a bonus. If it starts rolling people will start keeping all sorts of crap on the road just to save paying road tax. A nice modern eco car has very cheap or free tax anyway so just buy one of them when they are a few years old.

Not signed.... The 1973 cut off coinsides with the old number plates which is kind of nice. Most pre 73 vehicles need more care and maintainence so are owned by people who know what they are doing so for me the tax exemption is just a bonus.

What about those of us who own vehicles from 1973, 1974, 1975 etc etc... do they suddenly need less care? What about the massive gap in vehicle history that will exist at the classic vehicle shows of the future. In 20 years time, how many vehicles from the 80s will be in preservation?

there is no reason why any vehicle should not be preserved......They don't explode or burst in to flames you just have to tax them...You can do this for about 80 odd quid for 6 months of the rally season. That's about the cost of two tanks of fuel or two tyres. I had a landy of 1974 vintage, It rotted badly so i sold it to a chap who restored it while i went and played with fast cars. My current landy is tax exempt. I bought it as a basket case without knowing it was tax exempt an rebuilt it on a new chassis.

What i'm trying to say is if you gave my landy to a chavy 17 year old they would f*&k it in about 3 days. It needs driving steady you don't dump the clutch of fling it into turns and it need oils checking every 3 months. So does yours but there has to be a cut off date somwhere and you just missed it, what a bummer, and i would rub it in if i met you at a rally but hey ho thats life, A rolling date means there will be clapped out cars that need more maintainance on the road cos people want to avoid paying the road tax> They won't maintain them cos they don't know how they just want the car to avoid paying tax. It's a crap idea .

Just for prosective my day to day Honda...

Insurance £230

fuel just to get to work for the year £1500 ish

Two tyres £110

Exhaust £94

Pads and disks £90

Winscreen not coverd....£140

Oil and filter £30

=£2194 this years motoring The tax is £180....whoopy do oh my god i could do with that saving:nut:

I smoke...I'm not proud of the fact and keep trying to stop...I managed 4 months... The money i saved insured the Scammell and payed for fuel for me to play and get married in it. Oh and if the Scammell was not tax exempt i would still have bought it and struggled to restore it...