Top Gear

Lewis Garner

Does anyone think those Muppets were really doing anything with the vehicles? Even by the proggrammes own low standards, they seem to be getting worse.

I have loved Top Gear for years but I thought that part of the episode last night was really poor. Couldn't really understand the reasoning behind it and it did seem a shame to do what they did to the vehicles.

Don't think I'll bother with the proggramme any more. The current series is plumbing new depths of childish stupidity.

It used to be the best thing on telly, but it is now so contrived and cliched I don't generally bother these days...

It was interesting all the same though not sure I would agree CET's are that rare...Withams claim to have 50 for sale at the moment!

I was talking to the RE group at Chatham a while back, as I was thinking about buying one. There advice 'If you can get it going a great tool, until you shut down again'. :-D

Don't be put off by some hamfisted squaddie, if you understand vehicle engineering you will have no trouble keepinig one in good order. They are complex but a super toy to own, had one for 6 years now, and yes there are 50 ABRO refurbished ones sitting at Withams awaiting disposal.

Don't be put off by some hamfisted squaddie, if you understand vehicle engineering you will have no trouble keepinig one in good order. They are complex but a super toy to own, had one for 6 years now, and yes there are 50 ABRO refurbished ones sitting at Withams awaiting disposal.

Unfortunatley the bank said £$%^****&^%$£ NO! :-(

It used to be the best thing on telly, but it is now so contrived and cliched I don't generally bother these days...

It was interesting all the same though not sure I would agree CET's are that rare...Withams claim to have 50 for sale at the moment!

Rare as they only produced the vehicles in the mid 200's.

Top Gear was going down hill when Quinten Wilson left many years ago, now it's just a waste of licence payers money. but then so is a lot of TV programmes these days. Or am I just old and miserable?

As for the CET, lovely bit of kit. Did the course on them at Bovington in 1982, and haven't sat in one since. As for owning one, wife said NO!! didn,t get as far as asking the bank :(:(:(

I love Top Gear, I don't watch it as a "Motoring Show" but purely as a bit of entertainment which might possibly be loosely based around vehicles.

There's barely a show out there these days that actually delivers what its supposed to, I think Top Gears brief of 3 idiots pratting around is delivered rather well, and well worth the license fee alone.... well...that and Radio 4's Comedy Half hour!

I watch Top Gear because it's a lot of fun, it has some nice cars but isn't all about cars and most importantly to me, it's shot beautifully! The camera work and attention to detail is just superb! You can easily see that they have budget to do things properly instead of most programmes these days..

Same here Joris - l laughed my socks off.

Come on you lot - lighten up - it's top entertainment.

OK, OK! I'll put my hand up to being a boring old fart, then. I did watch it, if only for the MV bit, and yes I did snigger a bit, as well. It's a pity they didn't have the CETs anchor to fire, that could have been interesting with the right aim :-D

I almost wet myself when they shot that arrow thing across the house and then they winched the remains of a port-a-loo back, together with part of the roof.

But I must say I thought last weeks show, with the caravan train, better.

OK, OK! I'll put my hand up to being a boring old fart, then. I did watch it, if only for the MV bit, and yes I did snigger a bit, as well. It's a pity they didn't have the CETs anchor to fire, that could have been interesting with the right aim :-D

Ah the elusive CET anchor.... would like one of those....

It both irritates me and makes me laugh out loud in equal measure. Is it still produced by Andy Willman? He once reported in an early series from a naturist clasic car show in USA with no clothes on and holding a rubber chicken over his privates - priceless entertainment. It was inevitable the show could not maintain that standard for ever :-D

Top Gear was going down hill when Quinten Wilson left many years ago, now it's just a waste of licence payers money. but then so is a lot of TV programmes these days. Or am I just old and miserable?

As for the CET, lovely bit of kit. Did the course on them at Bovington in 1982, and haven't sat in one since. As for owning one, wife said NO!! didn,t get as far as asking the bank :(:(:(

Yep just old and miserable !!!! only joking buddy.

Its all for a laugh and not ment to be taken seriously.

Im a Top Gear addict so i love the show and all the crazy stuff they do. I thought the last episode was brilliant to with the injured soldiers in the Bowlers. I really hope they make it to the Dakar Rally.

Amen to that one - I do find that the show has gone down hill in the last couple of series' with too many daft stunts, but its items like the lads in the Bowler that make it worthwhile watching. Hope they make it - good luck to them.