Ponderosa War Weekend 2011

Bazz

Hi Bazz,

I don't think you'll be disapointed there's 155 vehicles booked in so far 39 ww2 British which is a good amount for any show also several ww2 tanks & assorted armoured vehicle's.Toped with one of the biggest ww2 reenactment battle's in the North of England.Hope to see you their mate.

cheer's

stu

Get over in the ferret Andy :-)

Bit to far I think it worked at over an hours travelling time at maybe 8 mpg if I'm lucky. Woodvale cost £150 last year without the £ for the RB included either. I would like to go but unless I can piggy back somehow its a non starter which is a shame. I still plan on visiting unless I get side tracked into going into another show in the RB.

Letter arrived as well

I'm hoping to have the US6 on the road by then as well - looks like i will be short of drivers again!

I think there will be at least 4 half tracks there, with Tony P's and Stuart's as well.

The maiden outing for the Sherman is unfortunatley looking unlikely now.

Ken

Edited by kpu121265

• 2 months later...

Ponderosa, is going to be wicked this year, there is a mockup village and trench system which the NWW2A Reenactment Association will be inhabiting, also apparantly the battle will have 5 Tanks, again apparantly some of these are Shermans.

There will no doubt be stalls and other vehicles, sounds really good, I only live about 20 Miles away so no doubt I'll go and have a look.

Edited by Tucker217

Hi all,

Just to update you all,we finally finished the large full scale Normandy village today c/w a full scale stone built bridge with water.Many thanks to all the guy's & gal's who have made the impossible possible.Thou i believe KEN building a realistic French cafe c/w counter & wine racks is possibly to realistic lol.Iv'e also heard on the grape vine he's going to be serving beer & wine all weekend :-D The original Victorian lamp posts were put up today,which are great finishing touches along with Ken's wife Kaths superb realistic French shop/street signs both of which really do set the scene."Roll on the 9th & 10th of July".

Regarding armour we have a chaffee, two hellcats & a German marder tank along with six American & now two German halftracks,bren gun carriers,dingos,various postwar tanks armoured vehicles 208 vehicles booked in along with 39 re-enactment groups.Sorry no Shermans.All vehicles can arrive as from Friday 8th of July www.ponderosa-warweekend.co.uk Anyone not booked in and wishing to attend pm me.If your not booked in please don't just turn up.

cheer's

stu

The battlefield site has gone from this:-

To this,thanks to the herculean efforts of a small group of people who know who they are.

There is a lot more set up than the images show, but battery failure (in the camera and the Landrover ironically) put paid to any more images on Saturday!

And it's not completed yet......

Ken

IMG00273-20110605-1015.jpg

IMG00306-20110625-1320.jpg

IMG00305-20110625-1133.jpg

IMG00271-20110605-1015.jpg

IMG00272-20110605-1015.jpg

IMG00274-20110605-1505.jpg

That all looks great must take ages to set up just right, would love to come up and see it all, but other things are causing a pain in the wotsit !!!!! at the moment so will give it a miss this time. Keep up the good work and lets have lots of pics after.

Ponderosa last year was great and is shaping up to be even better this year ....I will be there with my Jeep and Kids...

Is ken serving his famous spam sandwiches in his liberated french cafe ,,,

Chris

Willys MB

Bantam T3

Triumph 3sw

There will be spam a plenty, in fact, catering is going to be a pretty much full time job this year, as some how i have had an influx of drivers and 'tentsmen/women'. I think word has got out, firstly about the cafe and secondly about how good this event is going to be....

Ken

Someones keen as the first tank was delivered today,with another arriving on monday.Chris Wrights (Baildon) Heavy Haulage LTD are well cheap so i'm being told.(The've given the show a special delivery rate to & from the show) if anyone's interested give Martin a ring for a quote.