ARMOUR & EMBARKATION 2012 - OK folks time to start organising next years tank event. We are looking at smashing last years event by turning this into a two day tank run - depending on how the phone calls and meetings go - we could be in for one hell of a day on the Sunday. If I can manage to pull a rabbit out of the hat we may be off to ******th on the Sunday - WOW!

- start saving up fuel money - we will be covering some miles :coffee:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

- start saving up fuel money - we will be covering some miles :coffee:

A few calls made today, early days but is looking feasable. Sunday could be a 32 mile round trip in the armour.:cool2::cool2: :whistle:

Get saving.

I recon the petrol tank guys ort to consider buying a few shares in Shell !!! where as us Diesel powered Tankers should be a few pounds per mile cheaper to run !!!!!

Bring it on Jack , if we are taking Tanks to Dorset , 2 days is far better than 1 , lets go for it .

I recon the petrol tank guys ort to consider buying a few shares in Shell !!! where as us Diesel powered Tankers should be a few pounds per mile cheaper to run !!!!!

Bring it on Jack , if we are taking Tanks to Dorset , 2 days is far better than 1 , lets go for it .

Perfect attitude Adrian!! Love it. Lets get it done!

I'll be there - with the Ward Lafrance M1A1 and love trailer.

I shall probably bring the Ward up on the Foden.

This way I can have a full lift capability as well in case someting can not be towed back - if the worse happens.

Markheliops

32 miles in a cromwell equates to 32 gallons if i don't put my foot down and drive considerately (never). it will cost £220 in juice, i have no doubt that would be the best £220 i ever spent, count me in.

the carrier will be there aswell but whoever drives that can pay for their own juice.

good show jack

eddy

32 miles in a cromwell equates to 32 gallons if i don't put my foot down and drive considerately (never). it will cost £220 in juice, i have no doubt that would be the best £220 i ever spent, count me in.

the carrier will be there aswell but whoever drives that can pay for their own juice.

good show jack

eddy

Good stuff eddy but we will be doing the same on the Saturday too:-X

ok as the planning is well underway does anyone have a preferance about what evening meals they would like

please make them simple as dont want just to be slaving in the kitchen permantly

and no al la carte things like steak as rember we are on a budget

The sweet & sour dish was rather good in 2010, anything like that this time around would be great.... trouble was we were always too late for a shout at the desert...which looked rather appetising.

what's with all this fancy food, i thought we were trying to recreate the feel of the army in 44. how about corn beef for breakfast, corn beef for lunch and chicken surprise for evening meal (the surprise is it's corn beef) :D

eddy