• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Hi there, am new on here but an old mate of ford 369, would love to come along on this if possible, we are almost completing a 41 GMC tin top truck resto with 50 cal mount and i am building a T25-E3 armoured Jeep. am finishing a big film i am working on in a couple of weeks so can get the T25 finished in a month i would think, have done lots already..........see pics:cool2:

I am part of a big WW2 Airsoft team,,,, www.dog-company-506th.co.uk and all our vehicles get used in weekend battles around the country, we have an early 1942 slat grilled Willys under resto and 3 mahindras modified to look like a wartime jeep(my one is ex Australian Army) if we can join in on this, we will have full kit/weapons and at least 10 of us

thanks

Doug

chief29.jpg

chief26.JPG

dog co gulch.jpg

.30 cal 2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Operation ARMOUR & EMBARKATION 2012 - is now in hand!! The trigger was pulled today so hang on tight - bigger and better next year.

:whistle::writing:

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Jack ,

Just wondered if you have any news yet on A and E 2012 that you can share with us ?? im sure youve got it in hand but i think we are all very much looking forward to it !!

Regards Adrian

Not a problem Adrian. I will get my notes together and will put something up later :)

OK this is where we are at!

We could have up to 15 tanks next year - depending on if certain restorations are finished (pull your fingers out) and if the European guys come over. So the bar has been raised :wow:

I am applying for Lottery Funding to support the fuel and transport costs - if I can I will make sure I can cover it all for all the tankers.

So the plan is for Saturday to be the same i.e. run into Dorchester to head up the carnival and to have a road race with Mike Phelps Hellcat - JOKE!

Sunday - this is really up to the tankers. I am working on taking the tanks and a few soft skins down to Weymouth for the Veterans parade http://www.visitweymouth.co.uk/index.php?resource=250 this is a fantastic weekend but they have moved the date of next year to the same weekend as A&E and Maiden Newton at War. This has caused some conflict but I am working on the solution. And that is for us to run the tanks down there on the Sunday to take part in the parade.

Around 10,000 people turn up for the weekend there and it is a special event with veterans from past and present conflicts. It always brings a tear to me eyes as it is a very emotional time. We would then run back to Maiden Newton via Dorchester.

The reason that this is up to the tankers is because it would be another 30 mile day - which is big fuel. Lottery funding should take care of this but also we have to bear in mind track wear and the fact that the drivers may be tired from the previous day. But to my mind - if we have the chance to do this then we should as Weymouth is historic as from here and Portland the embarkation fleet set sail and this would be the first time this amount of tanks have been seen there since the war. To have two days of tank convoys is unheard of and doesn't even happen in Mons - so a real treat.

I have many hoops as you can imagine to jump through with a different set of authorities down there but I think I can do it. Just depends if the tankers want to do it. LET ME KNOW!

It would be one hell of a weekend that's for sure.

The campsite is the same place and we are looking at levelling out the track down to it. Showers will be there and so to would be the cook house.

With regards to vehicles I would like to see the same amount and not anymore as I don't like the idea of miles and miles of vehicles as it makes it hard to manage and also boring for those at the back end of it. The more tanks we have then I will have to drop some other vehicles off at the other end. If you would like to bring an MV then please be prepared to fill it up with foot soldiers - they will be beaten with a stick to contribute to fuel so that will help cover your cost.

That said - those that booked online last year and were kind enough to risk and support what could of been a duff and expensive weekend are welcomed back for 2012 - a thank you for your support and loyalty.

A few things that will change for 2012 is:

Vehicle code - no badges, stickers or irrelevant flags on vehicles - i.e MVT tour plates etc etc - we want to get it as picture perfect as we can.

Dress code - WW2 dress only. This is easy - a pair of HBT overalls are cheap and perfect and covers most sins (like miine :coffee:) Head dress to be the same - either WW2 caps, helmets etc or nothing.

Rosy - no drink allowed on site.........just joking!!!!

We would like to fill the soft skins for living history guys and Keith is dealing with that. This is again so we can create a great picture and demostrate history to the masses.

Fee - will be inplace again to cover the food loos and showers and will more than likely be £20/person. Lottery funding insists on match funding so I will have to find the other 50% so that will help along with private sponsorship. I put in £3000 last year and can't afford to do that next year - it hurt.

We have some great vehicles coming and next year we should see the outing of many new restoration projects that will be in public for the first time - it will be special. I am working with a history production company with Pathfinder Online and they would like to come and film the weekend.

Thats where we are at the moment so please fire away with any questions....

Cheers!

JB!

Edited by Jack

Rosy - no drink allowed on site.........just joking!!!!

JB!

Bloody hell man my heart missed a beat then!!!!!!! You know you can count on the cubes coming, how about cube in law?

Do you want the cubelets in an evacuee look? I purchased a US nurses dress at Overlord (calm down boys!) or would you prefer Rosie the Riveter look?