Bad guy sticks knife into Australian SAS Trooper.......... Guess what happens next

Jack

Just finishing off Pathfinder Online this week and came across this story....

PERTH - An SAS trooper collecting toys for children was stabbed when he helped stop a suspected shoplifter in east Perth.

The 'Toys-R-Us' Store Manager told 'The West Australian' that man was seen on surveillance cameras last Friday putting a laptop under his jacket at the store.

When confronted, the man became irate, knocked down an employee, pulled a knife and ran toward the door. Outside were four SAS Troopers collecting toys for the "Toys For Tots" program.

The store Manager said the Troopers stopped the man, but he stabbed one of them, in the back with 10" carving knife. Fortunately, the cut did not appear to be severe and required only a band aid.

The suspect was transported by ambulance to the Royal Perth Hospital with two broken arms, a broken leg, possible broken ribs, multiple contusions and assorted lacerations including a broken nose and jaw...

Injuries he apparently sustained when he tripped whilst trying to run after the stabbing.

THE CLUMSY BASTARD !!!

Genuinly , a Friend of mine was having trouble with a drunk on a bus. A couple of Gurkha's came to his aid. Carl was amazed who far a sixteen stone odd drunk could fly! :cool2:

Gurkha's are cool.

Where can I befriend one?

Genuinly , a Friend of mine was having trouble with a drunk on a bus. A couple of Gurkha's came to his aid. Carl was amazed who far a sixteen stone odd drunk could fly! :cool2:

About ten years ago three sergeant instructors in the Light Infantry came to the aid of a whole train. Pull up a sandbag ...

Sunderland AFC were playing Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park that night. That morning, a goods train had derailed near Eastleigh and there were no trains between Southampton (my home) and Eastleigh. I drove to work in Winchester as usual and in the afternoon I parked up at Winchester station and caught the train up. (Actually I caught the train down when a member of staff pointed out that the down train would stop at Eastleigh and come back as the next up train that I was waiting for anyway.)

I did the football and got back to Clapham Junction to catch a down train to Winchester. All the trains were still being diverted at Woking and taking the scenic route through West Sussex and the less scenic bit through Portsmouth to Southampton. It would have been fine (if slow) if I hadn't parked the car at Winchester.

Eventually I got the last train to Winchester. I was surprised to find I wasn't the only Mackem on the train and chatted to these three LI sergeant instructors (they'd have been DLI if they'd served before 1968 when they took the backlash of Mad Mitch's whingeing that the Argylles couldn't be disbanded right after their exploits in Aden) from the Light Division Depot at Flowerdown (newly built in the 80s to replace Peninsula Barracks and now I believe the Infantry Training Centre) next door to Worthy Down, the depot whence I had transferred to the reserve in 1989, who had also been at the game.

The train pulled into Basingstoke and the station announcer told us the train would terminate here and we could all get off and await buses. The buses would apparently be coming from Woking, that we hadn't long passed through. The station master had decided he had had enough for today and had closed the line on his own whim. We stood in the dark outside the station and waited ... and waited (in the middle of the night). After an hour, there was no sign of buses from Woking and our train was still sat there.

I went for a recce and found the three sergeants giving the station master an interview without coffee or biscuits, up against his office wall. Apparently the train crew were still there and not happy that a couple of hundred passengers had just been dumped from their train.

Suddenly the PA fired up and we were invited to continue our journey by train. It seems our three LI heroes had explained to the station master the virtues of common sense. I wasn't the only one to compliment them on their negotiating skills.

Gurkha's are cool.

Where can I befriend one?

Funny you should mention Ghurka's!! :cool2:

A Gurkha soldier, who fought 40 train robbers, to be felicitated in the Republic Day of India

* Sunday, January 16, 2011, 4:55

Bishnu Shrestha, a brave Gurkha soldier in Indian Army, defeated 40 train robbers while returning home after a voluntary retirement. The Indian army, is going to awarded Bishnu with Sourya Chakra, Bravery Award and Sarvottam Jeevan Raksha medals during the Indian Republic Day celebration on January 26.

While in the train, Maurya Express from Ranchi to Gorakhpur, on September 2, 2010, 35 year-old Bishnu saved a girl about to be raped by the train robbers in front of her helpless parents. After looting the train, when the robbers started to strip a 18 year old girl in front of him, he couldn’t contain his calmness. He took out his khukari and took on the group of 40 robbers, alone. In the fight, he killed three of the dacoits and injured eight others. Remaining dacoits fled the scene to save their lives.

The police arrested the eight injured dacoits and recovered Rs. 400,000 in cash, 40 gold necklaces, 200 cell phones, 40 laptops and other items left by the robbers while fleeing the train.

In recognition to his bravery, his regiment has given Bishnu a cash reward of Rs. 50,000 and it has also terminated his voluntary retirement, so that he could get a customary promotion after he receives the medals. In addition to that, he will also receive a cash rewards from the government, special discounts in international air tickets, and discounts in Indian railways train tickets.

http://xnepali.com/a-gurkha-soldier-who-fought-40-train-robbers-to-be-felicitated-in-the-republic-day-of-india/

Three LI sergeants is quite a bit of common sense and negotiating!

And an "interview" without a cup of tea and biscuits (preferrably chocolate-digestive) would probably be construed these days as a breach of the station masters human rights!

Only if the station master had the bottle to stand up in court and admit what a James Hunt he was being.