Ponderosa (Heckmondwike) 2011 July 9th/10th

kpu121265

Stuart has asked me to post this, he can't add images (i can, but not in the right order). He can learn how to post images, i have given up learning to spell!

See attached for flyer and entry form. I think this was a great event last year and there is no reason why it can not continue to get bigger and better. 5 tanks have already confirmed attendance as far as i know (although i feel a bit of a cheat as mine is currently only a rolling shell which probably means it will end up full of smoke at the start of the battles), many other vehicles have already confirmed attendance, a battle on each day, weapons demonstrations, many living history camps, 25Llbs firing, arena vehicle displays etc etc.

There are packed punches available for the Sat and Sun (FREE) for those that book in and want them and all proceeds go to a very good cause. This is one of the ways we can put our hobby to a good and practical use.

As i understand, Fri 8th is available to arrive and set up, and this is another event where you genuinely feel that the organisers are pleased to have you, and do everything they can to help.

If you want to come and need a tent for the night, just ask, knowing how this event now works, we will be able to get all the canvas up so there will be plenty of spare room if you would like to join The Troubleshooters - and you would be most welcome - Degsy will confirm that we do not bite, and the only scary thing is the endless supply of spam we use to try to encourage the Germans to surrender.

Stuart will catch up with this thread in due course so any questions or observations, post away.

Ken

ponderosa1.jpg

ponderosa2.jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are packed punches available for the Sat and Sun (FREE)

hi Ken,

That is not very welcoming :-D...................unless you meant lunches, ah, now thats better. A very nice gesture to exhibitors. :thumbsup:

After hearing from Rippo about the event, it sounds great, just a pity it is a bit far for me.

Many thanks for posting this up for me Ken,new to next year's show is a coarse for all you Tank/armoured buffs.The main battles are alot bigger for 2011 using the hole of the top field,alot more piros etc.I'm looking for more living history groups to join us next year as the standard of the group's this year was superb.

cheer's guys

stu

I wish i was clever enough to have thought of packed 'punches' - it can be rough in Yorkshire but not to the extent of show organisers offering pre packed punches as a gesture.......

Just goes to show, how far i still have to go with my education.

Ken

Hi guys,even the owner of Ponderosa is getting involved he's just bought a very nice Bedford MWR, to go with his 1943 Austin K4 fire engine with merry weather turntable.Also in last month's Classic Military Vehicle magazine there was a two page article on the Ponderosa event.

Stu

• 2 weeks later...

More pic's and a write up of this year's Ponderosa wartime weekend have been posted on the Yorkshire MVT website thanks to Mike Humphreys our press officer. Thanks Mike.Anyone wishing to look GOOGLE Yorkshire MVT and click onto events don't forget next year's event is on the 8/9/10th of July 2011 cheers all.

Stu

More pic's and a write up of this year's Ponderosa wartime weekend have been posted on the Yorkshire MVT website thanks to Mike Humphreys our press officer. Thanks Mike.Anyone wishing to look GOOGLE Yorkshire MVT and click onto events don't forget next year's event is on the 8/9/10th of July 2011 cheers all.

Stu

is mike a forum member ? would like to send him a p.m

Hi all,

Just had an email today regarding date's for the show, so just to clarify.The date's are the 8/9/10th of July 2011.

The 8th is NOT a public day just for vehicle owner's/re-enactment group's etc,to set up as from 2pm on the Friday.And yes theirs FREE camping,free pack lunche's will be given out on the sat/sun only to vehicle owner's/re-enactment groups who BOOK in only.Please feel free to look on the Yorkshire MVT website click (show reports) for a full report on this year's show.

Many thanks

Stu

• 4 weeks later...

With so much interest from tank/AFV owner's this year,we've decided to build a tank/AFV driving coarse for more modern as well as ww2 tanks/AFV's.This will only be available to vehicle booking in only, and will be limited for safety reasons.Please pm me further details.

Stu

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Stu

I will attend with the Ferret :D I'm looking forward to getting to some shows this year.

I'll get the form printed off and filled out. Should I send it off to the Ponderosa centre directly, on the address on the flyer?

Cheers

Matt