Ponderosa (Heckmondwike) 2011 July 9th/10th

kpu121265

Hi all,

Again another update just to keep you all up to speed,we had 202 vehicles booked in with unusally alot of wartime armour well especially in the North of England.The full scale stone built bridge has now been completed, and superb it looks to.We've now started erecting, what will become a full scale mock Normandy village kindly donated to us.These old prop set's which look great with full interiors inc stair's.This may well be the biggest reactation of a mock Normandy village ever built,once the houses are sorted all the foxholes gun & mortor pitt's will be dug.This year all the groups will be permanently on the battlefield unlike most other shows with full living history.The 25bs along with several armoured vehicles will be firing and taking part in the battle.So why not be part of the biggest reactment battle ever held in the North.Contact details are all on our website www.ponderosa-warweekend.co.uk 9 & 10th of July just off the M62 motorway

cheer's stu

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My tickets arrived yesterday. Sunday and Saturday too .Looking forward to it !!!!

When you say tickets, do you mean lunch tickets or have you received some for vehicle entry? I've received lunch tickets.

Cheers

Matt

Must admit very excited about Ponderosa .....Tanks , jeeps . bikes beer spam .....And good company

Jenkinov

mmmm spam :-) I love it! To quote one of my favourite films "don't knock it, it comes with it's own key!" :-D

Hi Matt,

As early as you can,as we've decided today to let the public in abit earlier if there queueing up outside.Two more tanks arrived today,along with a very nice Russian armoued car.The advance party of the 25lbs are arriving tomorrow, to start building a large ammo dump.The've collected just over 300 wartime ammo boxes.

cheer's all

Stu

Ps vehicles can arrive from 2pm this friday the 8th of July

Hi All,

Don't forget the Ponderosa war weekend this sat & sun 9/10th of July.Booked in military vehicles can arrive Friday 2pm onwards.Hope you all enjoy the show.

cheer's stu

Hello Stu, I'm hoping to pop over with the family on the Sunday & wondered if there's a programme of events/timetable available so we can make sure we don't miss anything...

Cheers, Kevin

sorry stu but the carrier is still not ready, by that i mean it doesn't have tracks on and was only started for the first time today but we're working on it tomorrow and hopefully will bring it up in the afternoon or early sunday.

once again apologies for counting my chickens before they have hatched.

rick

sorry stu but the carrier is still not ready, by that i mean it doesn't have tracks on and was only started for the first time today but we're working on it tomorrow and hopefully will bring it up in the afternoon or early sunday.

once again apologies for counting my chickens before they have hatched.

rick

If you didn't have a go or didn't give yourself a target to aim for you would still be working on the carrier at xmas

Will bring the missus along on Sunday with her camera so that we can see the beast running around