South midlands heavy truck 'n' track trail weekend spring 2011

Hello all,

this post is to gauge interest in a proposed new event in Springtime (ish) 2011.

Please reply to this if you are genuinely interested in coming to this event, as the more numbers I get, the stronger the chance that it will happen.

I am currently in talks with the owner of a South Midlands based off road quarry site to hold a Heavy (Unimog, 101 size up) and Tracked off road weekend ! :cool2:

I propose that it would be open to all vehicles, Military and Civvy, that are bigger than Land Rover, 4x4 at least or tracked, yes tracked!

So if you fancy getting your Stolly, Dodge WC, Foden, Militant, Bedford, 432, Chieftain, Zill, Ferret, Scammell, etc dirty, then get in touch.

It would be a pay-in event, however I will try to keep cost down to a minimal, camping will be available, who knows it could turn into a full blown show!

Tell me what you want!

An Organized truck trail or a fun off roading event?

People wanting to come see the fun and and not take part could stay the weekend or day too (space permitting).

Firstly, I need feedback, ideas etc..so don't be shy.

Cheers Simon

Great idea Simon - I can get at least one truck to the event and possibly two - will post a link to here on the Russian truck forum to see if anyone else can go - I have a Praga built for off roading I can bring and maybe a Zil or the Kraz recovery truck if finished - keep me posted on potential dates etc - I will make a curry for the night if everyone is OK with that? Can we have a campfire?

Edited by Rob Reznik

The site is to be confirmed and it is early days, I was hoping for your support Rob (and others) Thank you!

I hope to make this at least a yearly event, as for camp fires, I don't think there will be a problem.

The site I have in mind and have already spoke to with provisional agreement is in South Warwickshire, all tracked stuff welcome, from carriers to Challengers!

The site organizer tells me that there is usually enough water to swim a Stolly :D

I will need some recovery kit for casualties, anyone got Militant or Scammell with a big winch? :whistle:

Hi Simon,

As someone who used to do the Avon Dassett heavy weekends in the '90s I'd be well up for this, if only for old time's sake - if there's a good turnout it'd be just like the old days!

Would probably bring the RL, and my brother has said he'll ring his. I also have a request from my mate for it not to be April 2 - 17 as he's away then!!

Any low-loaders likely to be going from Dorset?

Avon Dasset is a superb site, had many good hours destroying machines up there :cool2: Is the meet going to be open to anyone? I know several people who would love to use the quarry again with large green toys :-D I live 5 miles from Avon, if there is anything I can do to help then please ask

I am in si in the Foden drops.... might have to help the TM lol, who is doing recovery as i think it may be needed,,, mr militant Graham?

I was wondering where you had got too Perky, up to no good, no doubt!:cool2:

I am planning a Reccy trip to see the site and owner soon and get things underway.

The more recovery vehicles, the better!, I think we are going to need them!

Young Nik and his Explorer (More Scammels please!) will be there

All Militant owners are especially welcome!

Withams may be bringing some of their kit to Demo.

There is a good chance this could be a weekend camping meeting open to non off roading spectators, who don't want to get their pride and joy dirty, as well as you off road nuts!

A dirty crank-up, I mean chill out, if you like.

More info soon.

Simon sounds great, I will bring my M62 wrecker, at 22 tons for the rear winch and 10 tons for the front winch she can haul most things out, I have all the pulley blocks to rig up multiple lines. Actually the zils winch will haul a lot of weight, she recovered the M62 once when she was sunk in the bog without any front winch...just a straight line pull and out she came.

If I can get things sorted I would bring my stolly along too, perhaps take her for a dip, she has never been swimming whilst in my hands....would be good fun to see if she swims.

Would there be any chance of leaving the vehicles on site for any time...I may have to make two journeys...am assuming it will be a full weekend...so if I came up with the zils in the first journey then went back and collected the stolly and M817 I would have a full set of toys to play with...432 will have to stay home...if I have managed to buy my DROPS truck by then I may be able to bring the 432 on the back of that with the stolly at the rear on a trailer...

lots of ifs and buts but I will be there with something...

By the way am on my way today to collect the wheel if you are about...change of plans have emailed you but will call today...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...