British war film...which one?

Jack

OK so we know that Hollywood has made some amazing WWII films in the last 15 years and perhaps some 'less' historically accurate ones. But.....

If Hollywood was to make a 'British' film of WWII what campaign, battle or regiment should they work their 'Band of Brothers' magic on???

I think the capture and subsequent battle for Pegasus Bridge , would be the one to go for !

Regards

Gary

very good choice but I am not sure about all those Ox and Bucks lads with American accents or Clint Eastwood leading in Lord Lovats commandos as reinforcements

Hi all,

I belive that one from the "home front" should be made to honour all those who worked behind the scenes (so to speak). As far as i know one hasn`t been done but there again i could be `to young to remember` :-D

Ashley

very good choice but I am not sure about all those Ox and Bucks lads with American accents or Clint Eastwood leading in Lord Lovats commandos as reinforcements

Clint Eastwood in a kilt? :shocking:Do bear in mind, a lot of these Hollywood films, the technical crews are British!

Hi all,

I belive that one from the "home front" should be made to honour all those who worked behind the scenes (so to speak). As far as i know one hasn`t been done but there again i could be `to young to remember` :-D

Ashley

Would like to see something around either the munition works at Gretna or the bomb storage site at Fauld. Both should have plenty of scope for drama.....If with the front line would love to see following a bomber command squadron, though the likelyhood of cast members from the first episode lasting until the end is slim!

Almost any infantry div / regt.

All those elite units are cool but don't forget the hardships of the average infantry man.

How about the 53rd Welch div?

I know several veterans of this div. ( East Lancs, 4th Welch regt, Ox and Bucks ).

I belive that one from the "home front" should be made to honour all those who worked behind the scenes (so to speak).

An adaptation of "The city that wouldn't die" would foot the bill - covering 10/11 May 1941, the worst night of the Blitz. It was also the night Hess flew to Scotland.

The battle for Caen is also worth exploring in film; or Kohima/Imphal; or anything Sicily/Italy.

Edited by Runflat

The awfulness of the Anzio/Nettuno landings springs to mind, but Hollywood would never tell it like it was.. the best bet would be to get the Germans that did "Das Boot" to do it.. now that would be a corker of a film.

Edited by Stefano