Chevrolet Blazer M1009

Markheliops

Hi all.

As the 101 Landrover is being sold I needed something to move bits around in once more. You are a bit restricted with a Smart Car.

Saw this for sale and went for a butchers.

pics002.jpg

pics004.jpg

pics003.jpg

pics005.jpg

I never really took any notice of these big Yank motors before but I must say they really impressed me.

This one is a 1985 model with the 6.2L V8 diesel engine and three speed auto transmission. Manufactured on 15th June at General Motors plant in Flint, Michigan.

It served with SFOR in Bosnia and still has the original markings and paint job from the time. The vehicle was released from the military in August 2005 and is still in the same condition as it was released in, including the USA tac sign. It came with the release document from the military.

It was dry stored for four years and then purchased by the previous owner in October 2009. Fortunately, he refused to except a DVLA Q plate and wrote to GM motors to get evidence of the manufacture date etc and so finally got a B plate registration.

I was really impressed with it so purchased it. I drove with a friend to Wales to collect it and brought it home. Really impressed with the MPG. Took just over £100 to completely fill the tank but then drove nearly 200 miles home - only to use quarter of the tank. Works out about 20 miles to the gallon. Not bad for a big engine. It is also very comfortable to drive - lovely seats.

Anyway - expect to see this vehicle around. I'm going to hold on to this as it's a very useful thing to have and great fun to drive.

Markheliops

Love the K5's

I ran a 7.4 V8 petrol injection Suburban for a few years and would regularly get 21mpg on super-plus. Considering my 2.25 Petrol 88 Landie got 14mpg, it was bloody ridiculous!!!

ENJOY!!!!! :D

Alec.

Hello Mark,

Excellent purchase. I love these trucks. A guy at my old works had a Day Van with a 6.2lt V8 diesel and he was getting 24mpg out of his, the same as my Landy. My Surf is only 3.0lts and that does 23mpg.

The engine will last for ever and because they are just ticking over are good on fuel.

Enjoy your new truck...:-D

Hi all,

Recently got myself a Humvee with the 6.2 V8, have not worked out fuel consumption yet, but it certainly is not too scarey.

Here is a pic, I am assured there is a 6.2 V8 in there somewhere.

Mick

WOW:shocked:

That engine looks like new, have you rebuilt it or is it "as is"?

WOW:shocked:

That engine looks like new, have you rebuilt it or is it "as is"?

Lots of degreaser and pressure washing, repainted a few parts, and got hold of some new decals for alternator etc. Have not decided what to do with the rest of the truck yet, paint work is far from perfect but not bad enough to justify a repaint, too busy driving it around to worry about it too much!

Mick

• 1 month later...

It's great to drive and frightens the hell out of everyone else on the road.

I would say fuel consumption is better on the motorway - obviously. Probably about 20-25 per gallon.

Around town - not great - but then I never brought it to be economical.

Markheliops