Whers the best place to camp?

Wolfy

Hi all,

Can anyone advise where the best -and by this I mean quietest part to camp is?

I've heard theres a quiet field, is it a million miles from civilisation? Does it have facilities? Do the fields closer to the 'action' fill up first and can you choose to go to the quiet bit?

I took our dog for a walk first thing last year in the huge field to the west of the Americas field, and accessed through a track from Great Monktons (?). It had space for 1000's but only had about 10 vehicles in it. Quiet, but no facilities, and a bit of a hike to the beer tent!

There's usually space almost anywhere for a single vehicle, and I've found people more than willing to share excess space in the past. More difficult if you turn up with a number of vehicles on Friday and want to park together, but still possible.

Not close to the Helicopter rides if you want quiet during the daytime!

Jules

• 11 months later...

Hi

Any camping and other info for W&P first timers?

I´m planning to visit in show in weekend and camp there the whole weekend. It´s long drive from Finland....... but i think it is worth it :D

Is there any maps from show area? I didn´t find any from W&p site.....

Hi

Any camping and other info for W&P first timers?

I´m planning to visit in show in weekend and camp there the whole weekend. It´s long drive from Finland....... but i think it is worth it :D

Is there any maps from show area? I didn´t find any from W&p site.....

The show starts to fill up from the previous weekend, 16/17th and opens to the public on the 20th would advise to get there earlier than the weekend of the show, if you are camping with a military vehicle the only spaces left will be in the outer fields, it is such a large show it takes at least two/three days to see most of it, it is the worlds largest mv show!! a lot will have left already by sunday having been there for a week

Edited by Nick Johns

The show starts to fill up from the previous weekend, 16/17th and opens to the public on the 20th would advise to get there earlier than the weekend of the show, if you are camping with a military vehicle the only spaces left will be in the outer fields, it is such a large show it takes at least two/three days to see most of it, it is the worlds largest mv show!! a lot will have left already by sunday having been there for a week

I´m not coming with MV........My G506 isn´t finished yet :D

Plan is to camp in my van there for the weekend...... and see lot of interesting vehicles.

In answer to your question: The Next County!

There can be some real as....... who make loud noises till dawn break and fire PARA flares which scares the life out of all the sober people in flamable tents. Quad bikes tearing up and down the tracks. Jeeps parking right next tothe toilets churning up the mud so no one can walk there, Drunk owners racing large scary vehicles around site. etc etc.

So realy why the heck do we keep going back...lol

Expect to loose some sleep.

Jon

I´m not coming with MV........My G506 isn´t finished yet :D

Plan is to camp in my van there for the weekend...... and see lot of interesting vehicles.

You will be camping in the civilian campsite, for non mv owners which is fairly well centrally situated to the showground

Edited by Nick Johns