rusty armoured car in a field

vintary

the photos are from october 2006 i email the guy who took them he had a look yesterday 21/1/10 and it was gone, the farmer who has the field said the army took it away within the last 2 years and it was all going to be scraped there was other military stuff in the field aswell and the army took it all away.

I believe the armoured car is now in Ireland and belongs to a colleague of mine.it will be restored.

It did come from Ian who imported tons of kit in the 90's.

Rob.........................rnixartillery.

any chance of getting more info for us im sure im not the only one who has a interest is these old cars

any chance of getting more info for us im sure im not the only one who has a interest is these old cars

I posted those photos and details up on another thread about 3 weeks ago. It is a Thompson / Ford armoured car, from memory, built at Thompsons works in Eire in 1942 on a Ford truck chassis imported from the USA, to order for the Irish Army.

I posted those photos and details up on another thread about 3 weeks ago. It is a Thompson / Ford armoured car, from memory, built at Thompsons works in Eire in 1942 on a Ford truck chassis imported from the USA, to order for the Irish Army.

thats right you posted it on the landsverk thread and just for the crack i check the google map 2006/7 and it look like it was still there.

Picture 009.jpg

Picture 010.jpg

• 11 months later...

The Ford mk 6 was recovered a fue years ago by a group of military history enthusiast from the field in Wales and its restoration is almost complate and the car should be on show this year. The car originally belonged to the Grange Cavern museum in wales. Check out the web page for more info.

http://www.waryearsremembered.co.uk/home/WarYearsRememberedBringingHistorytoLife.htm29.htm

DSC00136.jpg

DSC02155.jpg

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I have a photo here showing these vehicles in a parade.

Unfortunately its a bit out of focus but it s not too bad.

Military Parade - Emir Abdullah at a celebration in Amman, Jordan, of the 24th anniversary of Arab revolt - circa 1940.

This is a Library of Congress image. To see the original LARGE MB file use the Flickr link below.

Military parade - Emir Abdullah at a celebration in Amman, Jordan, of the 24th anniversary of Arab revolt - circa 1940.

hmvf18.jpg

Hope this is of interest

DesertBlooms88

Edited by DesertBlooms88

Could someone involved with the restoration get in contact with me please. as I would like to write a bit for the Ford V8 club magazine (it has a Ford V8 engine). Also, could I use the photo that DesertBlooms88 posted here? Please PM me and I will give you an email address.

Many thanks.

Robert Davey

• 10 years later...

just spotted this. This was literally down the road from Ian McGregors place in Hirwaen. Father used to sell him small items for the various restorations. I recall having a ride in a Russian tank once. Seeing various sherman tanks and anti aircraft guns, including german ones on big solid rubber tyred wheels. Also he kept some M5's I think in the yard where we distmantled our steam roller. His youngest son, in the year above me at school used to be dropped off occasionally in a jeep. I had to make do with vintage cars. His older brother had an Opel Manta 400 atnone point