Things I would like to ask the designer of my MV

woa2

Precisely, auto drain valve is only drain valve, but there are drain plugs in the Airpaks, any water laying in them might not come out on operation of the brakes. Also I did not say the LP feed was from the Airpaks, I said wet tank, ie sensing tank ( known by different terms on different makes of vehicle ).

Yep tha's correct, two plugs in each tank... if you remember Neil one had fracture & was letting by...

You are right (as ever) the pair of you - I got the books out of the car and had a dig tonight - there is a drain plug in the base of each air pack,

However - still confused here as to why the wiper motor is emulating a water pistol out past the manual control lever.... As it takes it's feed from the sending tank - which we drained and washed/dried out as well as cleaning the auto-drain valve so it now works and we had all the LP lines to the cab off of the cab mounted regulator to clean that - where the hell is all the water coming from - and why only during or after rain???? :??? :??? :???

dear mr Austin,

could you tell me please why you could t make the cab on your lovely k6 model a little higher so you could incorporate slightly taller windscreens, so you dont have to stoop forward as if your falling asleep to see further than 10 yards in front of the bonnet.

i await patiently for your reply

dear Sir'

We wus shorter in 'dem days.:n00b:

I just want to know... where's the bloody heater in armour:argh:

Scorpion. IIRC, on the floor just in front of the turret. Driver doesn't need one: he's sat next to a 4.2 litre Jaguar engine.

Air conditioning from the NBC pack.

Hot running water from the BV.

Cold running water from the tank behind the radio sets (my driver absolutely refused to drink water from this tank and discouraged us, his turret crew, from drinking from it on the grounds that the Scorpion had recently belonged to 1 RTR and he had no idea what might be festering in the water tank.

Radio 1 (come to think of it, a full range of medium wave radio, including, while in Cyprus, the Med's answer to Radio Luxemburg, The Voice of Peace, apparently out of Lebanon) on the C13.

All mod cons.

Why do Dodge WC have straight top hood bows so the water pools on the canvas and other American vehicles have bowed ones so shooting the water off the sides !!!!!!!!!!

Madness

Nah! Tough guys drive Dodges!! A couple of light ply or plastic sheets under the canvas help.

Scammell Explorer,

Why the hell did they use two rubber couplings and a over complicated shaft held together with 8 nuts and bolts to drive the gearbox when a sinple shaft with uj,s would have done perfectly:confused:

Come on Robert, keep up....................:-D

http://www.hardyspicer.com.au/torsional_vibration_2006.asp

Why put the sparewheel next to the driver so he can't get out (Dodge).

I can answer that....because in the USA when you drive on that side of the road.....you got out of the vehicle path side.

In the UK during WW2 the drivers stepped out into the flow of traffic.........thats apparently why the "gap" was put in the weapons carriers.

or am i talking rubbish ?

Regards

Lloyd

PS Distributor posistion on an M8 or an M20.....poxy nightmare..:-)

And where else should they put the spare wheel?

Underneath isn't a option because of the fuel tank and offroading.

On the hood blocks view a bit and opening the hood isn't as easy.

On the front bumper? Blocks the airflow to the radiator.

On the back? It inhibits the tailgate from functioning.

In the cargocompartment? Takes up space.

I did see the spare wheel on a CC's tailgate. Looks good but it is heavy enough without a wheel on it.

And where else should they put the spare wheel?

Underneath isn't a option because of the fuel tank and offroading.

On the hood blocks view a bit and opening the hood isn't as easy.

On the front bumper? Blocks the airflow to the radiator.

On the back? It inhibits the tailgate from functioning.

In the cargocompartment? Takes up space.

I did see the spare wheel on a CC's tailgate. Looks good but it is heavy enough without a wheel on it.

True, nothing a Dodge was done without great thought as to how they were used. Proper design!

The only other places I can think of would have involved either extending the chassis or shortening the rear body and putting the tire behind the seats on edge like they mounted it on the Jimmy 352's. Is there enough room on the rear body to have mounted it on the side like the Ambulance of course the amount of steel and redesign to do it differently would be more than mounting it when they ultimately did .

They carried the idea over on the M37 with the spare mounted on the drivers door but at least then it was on a separate hinged bracket.

drive it far enough...you won't need one, well I suppose sitting behind the engine and astride the gearbox helps!......Saracen,-lovely and warm on a winters day, after 5 miles!,(Boxing Day gathering 2008, Wickham Square, Wickham, Hampshire, starts 0630hrs, by 1100hrs you can't move and around 2000 people mingling with vehicle owners, happens every year!, great fun!)... but on the other hand, on a hot summer day, shorts, 't'-shirt, and tank suit, is just bearable, with plenty of water to drink!....

SARACEN!.... why, oh why, oh why, did ALVIS have to make such a lovely:iloveyou:, beautifully fun:-D vehicle to own and drive, so bloody darned awkward to fix, ......Gearbox change coming up:sweat:, gonna pick it up, next weekend:cool2:,-my unwrapped Xmas pressie to myself:)...still, I'm always up for a challenge!:coffee: