Vehicle Prices

Gord Falk

The Dingo for sale in the clasifieds is listed at 20,000 euros or best offer, is this an average price for a running Dingo. Also any idea the going price range for a running Mk 2 Bren Carrier, an unrestored MK 1 carrier. How about the going rate for a running Ford 15cwt GS, cab 13. Just thinking of how much vehicle prices have changed.

Depends on what people want to pay , there was a dingo sold this summer for €10 000,- and a real nice one for €12000,- , so they went up , because when I started with the hobby a nice Dingo went for 2,500 Pounds.

CMP`s make money when they are done up good , but unrestored ones don`t fetch a lot.

so true but in this market collectors are making matters worse by paying these high prices....dont pay the big amounts and the prices will fall. But to be honest prices inevitably have to go up because restoring and running these things these days is no longer cheap..and that has to be reflected in the sale price...I bought some cheap trucls from poland, cheap until I started to sort them, new starters, new water pumps and new this and that and all of a sudden they arent cheap anymore...I could sell them unsorted I suppose but that not the way i would want to buy them so i wont sell them that way...

My friend put the Dingo up at that price having seen what they had been selling for elsewhere. and also the price reflects what it cost to restore it.

I had bought a GMC once at 300euros complete to restore and only 10years ago jeeps at £500/£600, as Paulob1 points out once you start doing it up you cant afford to sell it at the same price you paid for it.

And when you think Willy lancs only paid £1000 for his Dingo!!!! but that was 25 years ago:cool2:

Christian

There has been two dingo's up for sale recently for well under £10,000 both restored. When my dad restored his dingo in the eighties, £10,000 was the said value for a restored dingo at the time. But then there was a humber scout car for silly money unrestored just recently.

I can remember someone asking £15,000 for a jeep over 20 years ago, so have prices really gone up that much. Especially when you look at the larger vehicles. I think comes down to what people are willing to pay, and how well the vehicle is restored.

Ive just relisted my friends Dingo for sale at 15,500 euros which is more inline with the average prices of them, so hopefully there will be a buyer out there.

There's inflation for you, we bought 6 Dingo's from Ruddington auction sales in the late '60s, all runners, averaged out at £35 each !! also bought my first Jeep at same time, with MOT for £30 !

Just found the Ruddington cat 96th sale 16-19 July 1968 for the Dingos. Lot 2028 Five Daimler scout cars 4x4 £180.00!!! ditto lot 2029 £155 ditto lot 2030 £175. lot 2039 single vehicle £40. Also Antars were selling for £270-310. Austin K9 trucks around £45-190. oh happy days. I have rudd cats for all the sales most with prices written in.great bedtime reading.

Ah The one at Dallas was a mint one. The one with the the prices in is a well used one my father and nick used at Ludgershall where the Dingos came from. The others i have are all ex Harry/John Potter, plus others i have been collecting for many years. I will drag out some more prices for odd things when i have a moment.

Yes they make fascinating reading, it would be nice to put all that info on a data base & group vehicle types, ERMs, prices etc but life is too short!

I have been collecting them for years, a year ago I sold off what I found were duplicates, triplicates & quadruplicates. It was tempting to keep the cleaner ones, but as you say the ones with the prices scribbled in make more interesting reading. I bought all the ones that Hirsts had.

After my clearout I find I now have 99 Ruddingtons & 3 Branstons. Branston is interesting as a lot of Champs came out through there. There had been some head scatching as many released Champs didn't feature in Ruddington catalogues.

Yes they make fascinating reading, it would be nice to put all that info on a data base & group vehicle types, ERMs, prices etc but life is too short!

I have been collecting them for years, a year ago I sold off what I found were duplicates, triplicates & quadruplicates. It was tempting to keep the cleaner ones, but as you say the ones with the prices scribbled in make more interesting reading. I bought all the ones that Hirsts had.

After my clearout I find I now have 99 Ruddingtons & 3 Branstons. Branston is interesting as a lot of Champs came out through there. There had been some head scatching as many released Champs didn't feature in Ruddington catalogues.

That's a fairly simple task Clive - let me have the data and I'll knock it up for you!! :):)

• 2 months later...

The pirce or large tracked armour that was was post ww2 tends to rise only slowly. Look at the price of either a Centurion or Chieftain a good one fetch around £20,000 but if you want a good scorpion your paying much more. Then you can also look at the Lager trucks same thing happens. When you have somthing that is harder to store then the price is lower for what the MOD would have paid in the first place.