D-Day

Jack

Fantastic idea well worthy of support but remember most of you on MV insurance policies (especially Roadsure policies) will be breaking the law as you will not be insured for that

arrh, yeah well uummm, I meant to say when you visit your great great gran 8)

Fantastic idea well worthy of support but remember most of you on MV insurance policies (especially Roadsure policies) will be breaking the law as you will not be insured for that

Mine are, the insurance from Footman James covers you for everything :lol:

Still won't be able to drive mine to work though as there would be no where for me to park her .... multi-stories are a pain. :lol:

Cara

x

Well that could be a bit difficult driving around the country being a rep in a Ferret at 50mph, I like to just sit back and cruise at 70......yeah right! :lol: Also carrying carpets and samples could be quite hard with no storage space! I suppose a Jimmy with a mighty big engine would be better!! Lots of space and a fair turn of speed!

Cheers,

Mick.

If she was located nearer home I'd have done it - and taken the risk the coporate security manager would have ordered it removed from site as soon as they saw her (or one of the leftwing loonies reported it) taking up at least 4 parking bays!!

I reckon it's a worthwhile thing to do!!!! :D

i can't take mine to work but i did remind everyone this morning about what day it was & i don't mean devil day as most have nicknamed it.

only 1 other person new it was the anniversay of D Day & he is an ex squaddie

ta

berni

I didn't go to work today, but I still went for a D Day drive. First to the lane that runs past the site of the former RAF Usworth ( 607 Sqdn ), now the Nissan car factory. I stopped there to take some photos, then I carried on to the coast and drove down the sea front.

It must have been about a 30 mile round trip, and I ended up stopping several times to talk to people who showed an interest.

885116.jpg

885117.jpg

885118.jpg

885119.jpg

885120.jpg

885121.jpg

Steve

i can't take mine to work but i did remind everyone this morning about what day it was & i don't mean devil day as most have nicknamed it.

only 1 other person new it was the anniversay of D Day & he is an ex squaddie

ta

berni

I think we have something here that could really work.

This afternoon we have had some consultants in the office doing some work for us, both I would say are well to do and in the late 50's.

They asked me about my truck and said that it was a strange choice of company car and then I went on to say that I drove it in because to day is D-Day...........it took them a while to work out exactly what D-Day was..........and these guys are in the 50's.

I had the same response from the deliver guy this morning, a but sad really.

I think we havce some work to do here for next year.

What do you think?

Steve, I like the photo taken in the mirror!!

I also drove to work today, only 3/4 of a mile...

I was free at 15:30 so I also drove around my hometown for a short while.

Jack, very nice suggestion to take the MV 's to work!!

We will remember!