Just looking

cpltomo

A Ferret is not worth £13000 at the moment. It looks reasonably tidy, but it's not very complete inside and someone has painted it with that awful non slip paint. You can find a better deal elsewhere. Ferrets are generally seen for sale around £5000 - £6000.

If you really want a CVR(T) Sabre I think you will struggle, they are becoming increasingly rare and more and more expensive. The last 2 restored ones I know about sold for £25000 and £19000. An incomplete one sold for £14000.

Maybe an FV432 will be along your line of interest.

Never driven a 432 always been in cvr. So dont know a lot about them. Just been looking on milweb. Bad move so many toys so little money to spend at the moment.

Will keep looking so many things i want from sabre to fox to ferret to a stolly must find that wining lotto ticket.:-D

Never driven a 432 always been in cvr. So dont know a lot about them. Just been looking on milweb. Bad move so many toys so little money to spend at the moment.

Will keep looking so many things i want from sabre to fox to ferret to a stolly must find that wining lotto ticket.:-D

I drove a 432. Lovely piece of kit to drive. So easy as well.

You actually want a STALWART???? Have the men in white coats with that nice van thats padded on the inside been around yet??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You actually want a STALWART???? Have the men in white coats with that nice van thats padded on the inside been around yet??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Could be worst it could of been a Austin:-D

( no offence to any austin owners):iloveyou:

1. It's missing smoke dischargers. No problem. Easily sourced I'd imagine.

2. It's missing sand channels. Looking back I cannot remember whether or not we carried sand channels in BAOR.

3. Larkspur harness *. Very pleased to see, being a Larkspur-trained Control Signaller AFV, but ...

a. There is no I/C amplifier in the harness: you need an A set (probably C42 or C13 but others are available) to get I/C. Either that or an emergency I/C system (as fitted to pre-Clansman CVR(T) for example) or something modern and commercially available. Pity, cos the Larkspur harness is there and looks right to me.

b. Not a sniff of a radio set. Gives a false impression of room inside.

4. Looks to be in better nick than any of the number of Ferrets I had the pleasure to serve on over the years.

5. The comment made about the paint. I agree. I read somewhere recently that after however many years, the UNFICYP Ferrets had something close to half an inch of white gloss paint on where, every six months whether they needed it or not, they were painted by the outgoing driver to pretty it up for the incoming driver.

Personally, I am not in the game, so my thoughts on price are irrelevant. If the cognoscenti say it's overpriced, I take their word for it.

However, if I had the desire and the money to burn, I think I could do a lot worse than lash out of this. Assuming that on closer inspection it is as clean as it looks. You could do a lot worse.

Oh and it has the Three-Oh which, like the man says, is right. (Yes I know other MGs were fitted, but not in my time.) Fit a GPMG and you seriously narrow the time you can depict (and you'd probably need to rip out the Larkspur harness which is a pity since it's there and apparently complete, whereas with the Browning you can have Larkspur or Clansman with no problems). As it stands it could be valid for a period probably in excess of 20, possibly 30 years.

---ooo0ooo---

* Purely as an aside, at the weekend I watched something on Discovery about two different groups (IWM Duxford and a group in Canada) restoring Centurions. One of the Canadians went to a group meet and found a Larkspur microphone (see image 26 of the Ferret for sale) still with greased paper around the threads. What a happy bunny.

If £12k does not scare you off (a Ferret, sadly, is NOT worth that much yet and that one certainly not - I could add several things to its missing items list) then the same Fox has been listed twice on Milweb now at £14k. A Fox is "worth" that much.

I know nothing about it, nor its seller, but the banner advert on the side of the vehicle suggests it might have seen corporate driving / paint balling site use :shake: so possibly why its not sold yet.

1. It's missing smoke dischargers. No problem. Easily sourced I'd imagine.

absolutely the reverse. They are classed as section 5 firearms (:rofl:) so every dealer (who cares about their legal compliance) removes them as soon as they see them.

what really annoys is it is easier to remove the mounts than the barrels so that's what they do, but the barrel is the Sec 5 object

then again even if you have the mounts and replace with painted beer cans we could have a whole repeated thread about the VCR and replicas.....

Point taken. The world's gone mad. Every vehicle we had had smoke dischargers fitted. We never used them. We saw ammo for them. Once in a blue moon the REME might check if they worked. Often as not they didn't.

Now where can I get a handful of WP smoke grenades to really spoil the day of these people looking at my Ferret?