Bedford MW's in service gallery

rippo

Hi,

What do we think about this nice drivers training vehicle..:cool2:

It looks like that this lovely aeroscreen Van is been used to train some ATS drivers...:-D

Looks like its mid wartime or even a wee bit later.

Cheers,

Louis

Aeroscreen Van Training Vehicle ATS.jpg

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, think Im stupid, thanks for answer. I every time think MWV have radio box, see on wartime photos in RAF service.

pleaase one more stupid question(Im sorry)- you know construction this body?

Becouse not see the rope, canvas is stretched on a fixed box?

And in side is radio equipment?

Thanks

Tom

Bedford MWV.jpg

5584731754_a0f77bc2da_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

BEF men disembarking at southampton, picture dated 19/6/1940. So some vehicles did make it home from france, even though it may have been only four days earlier they were shipped out.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]87339[/ATTACH]

That must be one of the trucks from post 124 John.....;-)

Mine also has a z number from vehicles wich are produced later .

same as with my 1940 chevrolet the Z number on it doesn`t match the chassis number, but is still a number allocated to that Chevrolet batch

They were just parked in line and somebody put the registration numbers on , they didn`t bother about chassis number , chassis number was only for ordering parts.

I have an enlarged picture from that vehicle , and ju just can see that the step bracket is the other way

• 1 year later...
Hi found this on the the Dutch online archive it is a very early factory photo i have not seen before i cannot quite make out the Z number on the first truck if i could find the number we can get closer to finding the contract number etc

[ATTACH=CONFIG]101644[/ATTACH]

Nicky

Z 415 (6 or 8) (?) 34

BEF men disembarking at southampton, picture dated 19/6/1940. So some vehicles did make it home from france, even though it may have been only four days earlier they were shipped out.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]87339[/ATTACH]

That must be one of the trucks from post 124 John.....;-)

Can't seem to open attachment Louis

• 9 months later...

I have seen this photo several times on the internet i think the vehicle in the foreground with the spare wheel mounted on the tail board is MWR but the photo has either been reversed when printed or it is some other type of 15 cwt truck as the spare wheel is on the wrong side and the chore horse box is missing

back ward mwr (2).jpg

is there anything on the QL which is the wrong way round

Nick

I have seen this photo several times on the internet i think the vehicle in the foreground with the spare wheel mounted on the tail board is MWR but the photo has either been reversed when printed...

Nick

Lettering on the ship and the library number on the photo are both the wrong way round, which is a bit of a giveaway. Hans' version looks a lot better - now all you have to do is get the IWM to reverse their watermark!