Why HMVF went down.

Jack

Will make a full statement tomorrow as I feel I have let you all down but just wanted to share this message with you from my server people that were kind enough to send me this morning:

Hello jack,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Due to some technical issues your account was deleted from the server.It was recreated now.

You need to restore your account home directory from your backup.

If I can be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best regards

Mansoor

Helpdesk Engineer

Just a warning to users, several of us are users ofthe UK based WW2 re-enacting forum, It appears to have been Hacked & taken over by some individual.

I tried to enter the site & found a hacker page, titled OOPS!! & stating the site had been hacked by "M@Mohamedito.net"

Hopefully if this site has new soft ware it will be OK

Just a warning to users, several of us are users ofthe UK based WW2 re-enacting forum, It appears to have been Hacked & taken over by some individual.

I tried to enter the site & found a hacker page, titled OOPS!! & stating the site had been hacked by "M@Mohamedito.net"

Hopefully if this site has new soft ware it will be OK

Thanks Timo - the WW2 site and HMVF have the same host....perhaps this is what happened??

May be we were super lucky!

Jack you and Joris are doing everything you can to make up for the hosting system problem , We know the old system was going to be replaced anyhow, it just turned out to be more sudden than planed .

I know we are all saddened and some are more miffed than others , It time I think we can replace most of what was lost .

Helpful items like spellcheck and the special smilies will hopefully return in a few days .

Lets all start learning these new ropes and get things blazing again !!!!

I will say it again - Jack : Please do not feel you need to apologise to us . You are/were a customer who has been badly let down by your service provider - in more ways than one from what you have told us -you and your team have done a remarkable job in getting us back to where we are now . You deserve congratulation not admonition .

I will say it again - Jack : Please do not feel you need to apologise to us . You are/were a customer who has been badly let down by your service provider - in more ways than one from what you have told us -you and your team have done a remarkable job in getting us back to where we are now . You deserve congratulation not admonition .

Totally agree, I know the effect it had on me so God knows what it must have been like for all the HMVF team , especially Jack and Joris, you have my sympathy and thanks for your sterling efforts.

Congratulations to Jack and all the moderators for returning the forum back online.

Though threads / posts ( many of which were works of art ) have possibly been lost, i am sure there is equal if not better to follow.

Ashley

DSCF0221.jpg

A little something from St mere Eglise

Yes, well done Jack. It is a real shame but in a short time everything will be just about back to normal. You just need enthusiasm and support from everyone to get there and you have mine.

I notice a lot of picture links are not reloading from Photobucket. Is there a reason for this, or is it just part of the general problem.

Tim (too)

I notice a lot of picture links are not reloading from Photobucket. Is there a reason for this, or is it just part of the general problem.

Tim (too)

Cheers Tim and yes trying to get that fixed as it is a massive part of HMVF. we will get there.

When things die down a bit, will the pre-WW2 section be re-instated? I still have most of the threads I put up (the photo ones anyway), so I can easily cut and paste them into the reinstated section. Glad to see the site back up

Will agree with thoughts expressed in above postings,..........Jack/Joris, it does sound like the loss of 'old' forum data was nothing brought on by you,..........certainly no need to apologise, (IMHO)

Myself,......just glad its back;.........(and have just caught up with new postings; :-D)

All the best,

Andy

HMVF was the target of covert government forces! with all of the ASSFART cloaking, ASSPART and FRENCHFART information collated into one place, they decided we knew to much and took us out.

Frankly if i was running this show, id be looking at identity change and going underground for a while as you are a target of state!!

HMVF was the target of covert government forces! with all of the ASSFART cloaking, ASSPART and FRENCHFART information collated into one place, they decided we knew to much and took us out.

Frankly if i was running this show, id be looking at identity change and going underground for a while as you are a target of state!!

................think I'd stop eating BEANS and SPROUTS;...........:sweat: