wally dugan

post war sales catalogues

On these latest pages I noticed two Stanhay pneumatic hoists, 4x2 listed. Stanhay was the parent company of my first employer where I was apprenticed. They made some basic lifting machines, some based on Fordson Standard tractors and others on a chassis. Jib lifted up by a large air cylinder under it, and big compressor, no hoist rope. They supplied some of these to the RAF during the war for lifting bombs. When I was there they still used two of the machines in the factory, one powered by a Perkins 4 cyl diesel and the other by a Turner V-4 diesel as I recall.

Edited by Richard Farrant

I am still hunting buses & coaches sold off after the end of WWII since impressed vehicles were not returned to their original operators but appear to have been sold off presumably via the auctions. Finding information on this seems almost impossible.

Bill

You might find the attached of interest. It should be remembered that these were not necessarily impressed by the military, they could just as easily have been used by civilian A.R.P. organisations during the war.

I would welcome any information you could find on their original owners.

John

Bus and Coach at auction.doc

Wally

you were good enough to find my jeep on an auction list, if you have the time sometime I have found another jeep owner with a jeep that also went to auction at same time. It was s/o 1-4-59 also through ruddington.

12YJ09 is it possible to find out which day and what the batch made. thankyou in advance

Gerry

Now I can see the listings but I am not sure why! Great to see these documents.

I am still hunting buses & coaches sold off after the end of WWII since impressed vehicles were not returned to their original operators but appear to have been sold off presumably via the auctions. Finding information on this seems almost impossible.

The registrations give clues. GXD/GLU were mostly Bedford OWBs but included others re-registered. HYV were mostly reregistered frequently having a WD identity as well. GXA/GXN/GXO were re registered for the NFS. The Middlesex O registrations were all ex military and included WD vehicles with military first owners. Dodges and Fordsons. GLK had some Chevrolets for the Pool Board. Most of the non-London regs are original.

Hi Wally

What is Park Serial Number shown on the sale catalogue  ?

and do any of the later sale catalogues give chassis numbers ?

Cheers

Richard

RICHARD the use of the park serial  numbers seems to have started in the late 1920s and continued to appear until the MOS/ MOD stopped holding  these sales them selves the numbers refer to a file for the vehicle this was the  paper trail  and contained other information  details such as chassis number last holding unit and so forth.

The use of showing details such as engine number chassis number  registration number  stopped in around 1920s and only the registration number appeared in the  later catalogues after this

Edited by wally dugan
spelling

AS l have been busy l thought l would post a few pages BROTHERTON 1947 JUNE 12 th

I have been asked to repost  this page from February 1947 sale at BYRAM PARK the vehicle in question is now owned by a forum member

AARB.jpg

• Thanks 1

Hi all, I got another bunch of sales catalogs in, mostly from the 60's and 70's will go through them this winter, and see what interesting stuff there may be.

Cheers,

Lex

IMG_4181.jpg

• Like 1

Also well underway with the Matchless Key Cards, all scanned and halfway through putting them in an Excell file, so it can be searched on frame or C number too.

Cheers,

Lex

0001A - Sample.jpg