W&P site facilities

LoggyDriver

I have tried twice to post a full story on the toilets but keep getting logged out, will try again tommorow.

If making a long post it's sometimes worth typing it in a wordpad/notepad doc & copying & pasting it to the forum... or tick "Remember me" when logging in so that it doesn't log you out..

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hop Farm is now incharge of onsite facilties...

I agree, but as Rex is in charge of the show he MUST have an input to the facilities being organised, he will know more than HF who and how many 'ish will be turning up etc' so therefore some of the planning must be down to WP.

I agree, but as Rex is in charge of the show he MUST have an input to the facilities being organised, he will know more than HF who and how many 'ish will be turning up etc' so therefore some of the planning must be down to WP.

From what I've been told by his staff he no longer holds the purse string in respect of onsite facilities... they are all down to PB I believe.

From what I've been told by his staff he no longer holds the purse string in respect of onsite facilities... they are all down to PB I believe.

I accept and agree with your statement, BUT Rex must have a say, unless of course nothing is said to keeps costs down who knows???, but there is a law somewhere that dictates how mnay WC's must be provide per head (excuse the pun) of visitors etc otherwise the law is being broken.

but there is a law somewhere that dictates how mnay WC's must be provide per head (excuse the pun) of visitors etc otherwise the law is being broken.

Here's the general guidance for outdoor events.. the hot water bit is not compulsary as long as soaps or sanatizers are provided.. (portaloos don't have running hot water)

wc.jpg

Edited by Marmite!!

Agreed but so loose and open to interpretaion :nono:

You expected something better from a Gov't department??

I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes at W&P - I just enjoy the show - but from 34 years experience of dealing with bean counters I would say Rex could argue the point for more loo's till he was blue in the ac - but the bean counters will just go "yeah, yeah" and then do there own thing anyway! :-(

Me and the boys arrived on fri 17th and when I entered the site I saw the trailer toilets and thought to myself "at last, they have the toilets sorted", how wrong I was!!

I was camped in the americas field(from now on known as AF) oppisite the toilet trailers. Whilst wandering around the site on saturday I bumped into rex and told him them toilets in AF were not open and his reply to me was, and I quote, "the toilet people are on site, I will get them to open them for you", this was said in front of my dad. I also told him that 2 of the mens cubicles in the toilets by the entrance to the hop farm were out of order. On sunday the toilets were still not open so I went to the booking in tent and informed a lady there who said she would get onto rex and sort it. I had another wander round the site and noticed that the toilets in the monktons field were open and the toilets in the quiet camping were also open.

Late on sunday afternoon the toilet contractor turned up with about 60 portaloos and put them oppisite where I was camped. I asked him when the trailer toilets would be open and he said he was not contracted to open them until monday. He said if I could get him 15 gallons of water he would open 6 portaloos, so me and a twickenham off roader got the water and he opened the portaloos for us.

Monday morning came and the toilets were still not open so I wandered over to talk to a marshall who I had been talking to via the internet before w+p and told him the toilets were still not open. He got straight on his radio to the hop farm site manager who said that toilets in the AF were opened on sunday! The left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing? The toilets in AF were eventualy opened monday afternoon.

The toilet contractors did clean/empty the toilets everyday, but once a day is not enough for a show the size of w+p IMO.

Whilst comming back from the shop later in the week I noticed portaloos and a trailer in the public camping area and wandered over to have a look. In the public camping area there were 21 portalos and 8 showers!. In the AF there were 14 sit down toilets and a mens urinal.

The toilets that I mentioned earlier by the entrance to the hop farm? They were not fixed all week!!, as complete disgrace.

I can remember when I first started going to w+p 15 years ago there were blocks of 4 portaloos scattered all over the AF and they were cleaned everyday, why don't they do this anymore?

The main question I would like answered are;

Why did rex tell me the toilets would be opened on the saturday, even though the toilet contractor was not due to open them until monday?

Why were the toilets at the entrance to the hop farm not fixed for the whole duration of the show?

Why don't w+p have the toilet contractors on site all day cleaning the toilets at least 3 times a day?

Why did the public camping area have more toilets and showers than AF even though the public camping field is a quarter of the size of AF? The cynic in me thinks its because the public pay over £100 to camp and rex did not want to upset them.

Why were the toilets in the monktons field and quiet camping area opened before the AF?

I feel rex is to blame, after all its his face all over the promotional material and he is the show organiser.

When I went to overlord last year, they had toilets everywhere and the toilet van was on site all day cleaning them, if overlord can do it, why not w+p.

I really do feel that w+p have firmly stuck 2 fingers up at us this year.

Rant over.

The main question I would like answered are;

Why did rex tell me the toilets would be opened on the saturday, even though the toilet contractor was not due to open them until monday?

Why were the toilets at the entrance to the hop farm not fixed for the whole duration of the show?

Why don't w+p have the toilet contractors on site all day cleaning the toilets at least 3 times a day?

Why did the public camping area have more toilets and showers than AF even though the public camping field is a quarter of the size of AF? The cynic in me thinks its because the public pay over £100 to camp and rex did not want to upset them.

Why were the toilets in the monktons field and quiet camping area opened before the AF?

I feel rex is to blame, after all its his face all over the promotional material and he is the show organiser.

When I went to overlord last year, they had toilets everywhere and the toilet van was on site all day cleaning them, if overlord can do it, why not w+p.

I really do feel that w+p have firmly stuck 2 fingers up at us this year.

Contact the man (or hop farm) & ask the questions.. all we can do on here is speculate..

The low point for me was in 2007 after all the mud and rain when I went into Trap 2 and some filthy b*****d had evacuated both ends and left it there!

BUT...

This year was a great improvement and having been forced to use the disabled toilet (both wrists broken!), I cannot thank the Eastern European lady enough for her sterling efforts in keeping the place clean - it was spotless most of the time.

It's easy to blame the show but we all keep going there and I wonder if we'd get better facilities if people treated those that we do have with a bit more care!!

Peter

Here's the general guidance for outdoor events.. the hot water bit is not compulsary as long as soaps or sanatizers are provided.. (portaloos don't have running hot water)

Water at a suitably controlled temperature???? The main toilet blocks hot taps where literaly at boiling point and no warming either. I scalded my hand pretty badly and only had it under for a split second.:argh:

What did the medics have to say about it?

It didn't get to the point where my skin was coming off, but it was very red and hurt like hell for a while. I couldn't believe how hot the water was. You usually get warm or cold before the hot comes out, but this was instant.

I didn't bother with a medic as it wasn't worth contracting swine flu (they had a quarantine area and were wearing masks) and as I'm BFA trained I treated myself.

Did you experience this?

You usually get warm or cold before the hot comes out, but this was instant

The hot water would of been on a pumped return system so that all outlets at the HF has instant hot water at the taps on demand, saves drawing off large amount of cold water before it runs hot.. the hot water supply in the toilets should be fitted with a hot/cold mixing valve & anti-scald device set at 48C.. it must of either been broken of had been tampered with..

Same applies to showers.. trust me I'm a Plumber:coffee:

The hot water would of been on a pumped return system so that all outlets at the HF has instant hot water at the taps on demand, saves drawing off large amount of cold water before it runs hot.. the hot water supply in the toilets should be fitted with a hot/cold mixing valve & anti-scald device set at 48C.. it must of either been broken of had been tampered with..

Same applies to showers.. trust me I'm a Plumber:coffee:

Should this have been checked before the facilities were used?

Edited by Marmite!!
added quote tags

Should this have been checked before the facilities were used?

As the site operates 365/24 I would of thought they would have a service schedule/contract in place.. there again if it hasn't been reported no one would be aware it was faulty until the service was due.. did you report it?