W&P site facilities

LoggyDriver

How much longer is this thread going to go on for? Read this and write to Peter Bull (Hop farm owner and man in charge of budget and toilet facilities) not REX

Rex said "If I could wave a magic wand with a never ending budget I would have new showers and toilet blocks erected in all the different fields. No matter what I do this will always be the bain of my life. There are practical reasons as to why we cannot achieve this, firstly lack of budget, secondly lack of water. The Hop Farm is on the end of the supply line and if we take any more water, Paddock Wood will suffer. Unfortunately for the Hop Farm, War and Peace is the only event held there that takes up all the fields on offer and the capital investment would not stack up. We therefore do our best with the facilities we have. I use the shower block every morning and never have a problem. There is always someone to chat to in the queue."

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How much longer is this thread going to go on for? Read this and write to Peter Bull (Hop farm owner and man in charge of budget and toilet facilities) not REX

Rex said "If I could wave a magic wand with a never ending budget I would have new showers and toilet blocks erected in all the different fields. No matter what I do this will always be the bain of my life. There are practical reasons as to why we cannot achieve this, firstly lack of budget, secondly lack of water. The Hop Farm is on the end of the supply line and if we take any more water, Paddock Wood will suffer. Unfortunately for the Hop Farm, War and Peace is the only event held there that takes up all the fields on offer and the capital investment would not stack up. We therefore do our best with the facilities we have. I use the shower block every morning and never have a problem. There is always someone to chat to in the queue."

Must admit, I have never had a problem with the showers.

As for lack of water supply, thats what portaloos were invented for!

Years ago they had blocks of 4 portaloos scattered all over the americas field and they were always clean, why can't they do it now?

How much longer is this thread going to go on for? Read this and write to Peter Bull (Hop farm owner and man in charge of budget and toilet facilities) not REX"

The problem is that rex is the face of w+p so gets all the flack. I would say the biggest complaint every year is the toilets.

I did say this in post #84

I suspect threads like this will continue on this forum & others until issues with the toilets/showers are addressed... the forum is for debate & that's all that is happening here... while it's kept friendly there's no problem.

As always we offer the right to reply & Rex or PB are welcome to come on the forum to reply to the issues raised.

Can I say that I have never had a problem with the showers or the toilets in the shower block, this is due to the fact that there is a cleaner there all day which helps.

Can I also say the every marshal and member of the hop farm team I spoke to this year were polite, corteous and friendly.

• 1 month later...