W&P site facilities

LoggyDriver

Well I spent from Sunday to Saturday at the Hop Farm and have to say I and others were not very impressed with the toilet facilities (where we were anyway).

I was near to the exit toilets (by the Excalibur lot) and these weren't pumped out until about Wednesday after they were overflowing with urine and well, you know? These then overflowed again by Saturday. They were dirty most of the time (when we got there they were locked and not open until I think Tuesday). The water in the toilets was non existent. This just isn't acceptable, especially as we are paying for it. Also surely the site has to provide a certain amount of toilets by law. When they are inop because they are overflowing surely this is then in breach of this? Not to mention what the public think.

Your thoughts please?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ones in the Americas Field are usually good, this year they weren't as good as the last few years, not enough of them and not cleaned often enough. The main shower block was properly serviced though, so it was worth the extra walk!

Nothing new!!!! this topic has been the topic of many forums and letters!

still nothing changes, although the toilets near us in the americas field weren't too bad!

Toilets in the Americas field even had the water turned off couldn't wash your hands

I bought a few solar showers and they were worth triple their price. An absolute godsend and saved going to the shower block. Although they were cold showers as there wasn't enough sun (Sat was great)

I spoke to a few people that said they were going to call in Environmental Health, don't know whether they did though. Might hire a loo next year.:idea:

Well I spent from Sunday to Saturday at the Hop Farm and have to say I and others were not very impressed with the toilet facilities (where we were anyway).

I was near to the exit toilets (by the Excalibur lot) and these weren't pumped out until about Wednesday after they were overflowing with urine and well, you know? These then overflowed again by Saturday. They were dirty most of the time (when we got there they were locked and not open until I think Tuesday). The water in the toilets was non existent. This just isn't acceptable, especially as we are paying for it. Also surely the site has to provide a certain amount of toilets by law. When they are inop because they are overflowing surely this is then in breach of this? Not to mention what the public think.

Your thoughts please?

Funny you should say that:rofl:I posted at weekend saying you'd all be back on complaining about the facilities and lo and behold despite all the promises every year nothing changes. And a lot of us know why, money....... and where some of it goes:cool2:

Cant see where the problem is regarding money & who earns out of it... W&P is a business... simple as that.. as with most businesses things will be done the most cost effective way...

Those of you that don't go to W&P why do you keep complaing about it every year, why does it bother you if it doesn't affect you :confused:

Those that do go & moan about it every year still go back for more so it can't be that bad.. see you in 2010 :-D

Cant see where the problem is regarding money & who earns out of it... W&P is a business... simple as that.. as with most businesses things will be done the most cost effective way...

Those of you that don't go to W&P why do you keep complaing about it every year, why does it bother you if it doesn't affect you :confused:

Those that do go & moan about it every year still go back for more so it can't be that bad.. see you in 2010 :-D

Lee , you are attempting to defend the indefensible, any business is there to make a profit but using Rex's own published figures it has been proved beyond a shadow of doubt that the profit is vastly excessive and there is no doubt that laws are being broken. It doesn't need a genius to work out how this happens, I am not going to post the accusations that have been published and not challenged but I will draw my own conclusions.

I am well aware that you won't like this post but I feel very strongly on this subject and am quite prepared to make an issue of it.

We take the soft option and take one of these:

a.jpg

Own loo & shower on tap as it were - plus it's the only way I can get the other half to come along too - she refuses to sleep in a 9x9 or 12x12!! :rofl:

It's OK for those who have had a big pay out from a global company, some of us have to survive on a pittance of a pension and savings that are now worthless after the banking fiasco:argh:

I feel very strongly on this subject and am quite prepared to make an issue of it.

In that case here is Rex's address so that you can contact him with your concerns...

The War and Peace Team

The Old Rectory

Sandwich Rd

Ash, Nr Canterbury

Kent CT3 2AF

In that case here is Rex's address so that you can contact him with your concerns...

The War and Peace Team

The Old Rectory

Sandwich Rd

Ash, Nr Canterbury

Kent CT3 2AF

Writen to him before, didn't even receive the courtesy of a reply.

I happen to know the contractor who supplied the toilets this year, as the decision was taken not to renew with the previous lot. I warned the new guy what our expectations were and what the actuality of usage would be.

His original brief had been very misleading as he thought the toilets would only be used from the public open days, at the time of the tender he had not been told MVers would be on site early and expecting to use them. Originally he not even been expecting to have to service them every day.:sweat:

I will not divulge his contact details, but safe to say he provided a level of service which reflected the considerably reduced fee he was paid - being in the "business" he also knew very well what the previous contactor was paid and therefore that on the reduced budget this year neither he nor the previous guy was ever going to be able to repeat last year's standards.

A coach and horses is being driven through Environmental and Health and Safety laws not to mention the Road Traffic Act. In my opinion there is only one way that this can happen and it involves money. Draw your own conclusions:angry

I think some people forget that the Hop farm is a show ground and have things on all year round and not just for the W&P. It could be very possible that the hop farm are responsible for all toilets and other things that could and would be used for other events. It makes comment sense from a business point of view to use the same people for all events so to achieve a better price?

Extracted from the War and Peace show web site's interview with Rex:

If I could wave a magic wand with a never ending budget I would have new showers and toilet blocks erected in all the different fields. No matter what I do this will always be the bain of my life. There are practical reasons as to why we cannot achieve this, firstly lack of budget, secondly lack of water. The Hop Farm is on the end of the supply line and if we take any more water, Paddock Wood will suffer. Unfortunately for the Hop Farm, War and Peace is the only event held there that takes up all the fields on offer and the capital investment would not stack up. We therefore do our best with the facilities we have. I use the shower block every morning and never have a problem. There is always someone to chat to in the queue.
See http://www.warandpeaceshow.co.uk/Rex/

(highlighting is down to me)

I use the shower block every morning and never have a problem. There is always someone to chat to in the queue.

This is true, Rex uses the same toilets & showers as everybody else on the site... confirmed:sweat:

This is true, Rex uses the same toilets & showers as everybody else on the site... confirmed:sweat:[/quote

And what is that supposed to prove? The water issue is a red herring. no water is needed for portaloos, they are totally self contained.

And what is that supposed to prove? The water issue is a red herring. no water is needed for portaloos, they are totally self contained.

Degsy I can't see why you are getting so worked up over this, if you attend this show I could understand but you don't, so why are you bothered:confused: