Matador info

Degsy

O853 5424 was new c4/43 as H4951805, later 03YZ74. It was a standard M.A.T. in the contract VM11373.

It was a timber crane after demob - registered UFU187H by F Haynes in Lincs 9/7/70. It was at one time fitted with an 11.3 engine and operated around the Northants area. The last record I have of it is in Bingley. Where is it now?

Thank you for the info, it was at one time operated by Fountain Forestry, I am told it was one of three operated by them. It is, at present, still in Bingley but could be on the move soon:whistle:

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Hadn't seen it 'til now, been on the dog with CW plotting mischief:cool2:

Thats true ,just when you dont expect it:rofl:

:cool2::cool2::cool2::rofl::rofl::rofl:Thats it for tonight, dawn raid on the bank tomo...today then up to the farm. 'Night all.

Is that another cryptic clue as to where this Matador is heading :-D:cool2::rofl:

Is that another cryptic clue as to where this Matador is heading :-D:cool2::rofl:

Might be:whistle:......but on the other hand remember I admitted to plotting mischief with CW:undecided::trustme:

This is the Mat in question

!BWdDtkwBWk~$(KGrHgoOKjgEjlLmZyqPBK(g9yE,D!~~_1.jpg

!BWdCw0QBGk~$(KGrHgoOKicEjlLmZ3G2BK(g6jbNdg~~_1.jpg

Going to Yorkshire in the morning to have a look at it and if it's ok drive it back or at least try to. Although it's been serviced etc it hasn't been driven any distance since it left forestry work so it could be interesting to say the least. We'll be travelling from Bradford via M62, M6, M56 and A55 to the Conwy Valley,be grateful if anyone near the route who could assist if we run into problems could PM me a contact no. Thanks.

Safe trip. You going to work it on the farm?

Thanks Tony.

Although that is not the main reason for buying it no doubt it will come in handy from time to time. Although I know they are a bit like the proverbial hens teeth I hope I might find an artillery body for it, naturally any leads gratefully received.

I have it down as having been owned by Welland Valley Forestry before A. Fountain of Collyweston.

Presumably A.Fountain would have been Fountain Forestry, it is believed to have been the first of 3 they owned.

Best of luck Degsy and I really hope you get it. There are a stunning lorry. Ugly as hell but very elegant looking in a strange way.

Just returned after a horrendous journey to Yorkshire, atrocious weather on the Moterways and all the Sunday suicide jockeys on the road.

The short answer is that I didn't do the deal, the seller had insisted that there would be no deal until I had examined and driven it. When I tried to drive it I found the driving position to be impossible due to repositioning of the gear lever and a very non standard seat. The owner will now readvertise it clearly drawing attention to the problem.

If anybody wants further details PM me for a full run down on the truck.It is only fair to say that I have no criticism whatsoever of the young man selling this vehicle, he is scrupulously honest and genuine and I would have no hesitation in dealing with him in the future.