Insurance renewal

VULCANFREAK

Just received my renewal from Roadsure/Premium choice

Have I got the most expensive MV insurance in the country????

Reo M109 agreed value £7000

Hotchkiss jeep agreed value £8500

Armstrong MT500 market value

Total £263.65:eek:

Any comments before I remortgage my house?

Kevin

Yeah tried FMJ last year but they refused to include the armstrong so i would have had to take out a separate policy on that which would have bumped up costs somewhat

short and curlys springs to mind!

With regard to roadsure recovery thats a completly separate policy (for an extra £125) although I dont seem to have recieved a renewal for this service this year

and before someone says is it included in ins policy qoute- no I just checked!

Anyone else received breakdown renewal recently

Anyone else received breakdown renewal recently

No, I didn't get a renewal reminder. I queried it at the beginning of the year. I was told I didn't get a reminder as I had cancelled it the day after I took it out!

I was told that I had not been covered. I checked & I had paid on a card last year. So I was hoping mad.

I seemed to be speaking to a nit-wit. Later I got onto someone with more sense. Who told me I did pay & I was covered. The cancellation was not in fact me. Someone had pressed the wrong button the year before & debited me twice & made a refund to offset it. Nit-wit looked at the last line saw it was cancelled & a refund made & assumed the "cancellation" was my doing.

That was an adrenaline draining morning. But if the cover was operative then I should have had a reminder. Or the reminder person was only able to read the last line on the screen as well?

I have just received my renewal from Roadsure as well and I don't think the new owners of the company are interested in the MV market.

Regarding the Recovery Service, I believe it has been mentioned before on this forum that you can go directly to the company Roadsure use and buy the service direct.

I am with FMJ. The Land Rover is about £90 a year, fully comp, agreed value and unlimited mileage. I called to add the Bedford MJ onto the policy and it cost me an extra £30 odd pounds. There is no recovery with this company though.

One thing I will say is that they score very poorly on customer service. I've had to call them a few times in the last few weeks. You call the number and get put straight into a que. You wait ages and then give up, only to try again later but get the same. It took me all day last week to get through to someone. Also when you get through and ask for the Military Vehicle department you are told to call another number. On calling this number (and having to wait just as long in the que for someone to answer the phone) you ask "is this the Military Vehicle section?" only to be told no and for them to give you the number you originally called!!!:shocked:

These have also been taken over by another company. Gone are the days when you could call the number, get straight through to someone on the other end who actually knew what they were doing.

One thing I will say is that they score very poorly on customer service. I've had to call them a few times in the last few weeks. You call the number and get put straight into a que. You wait ages and then give up, only to try again later but get the same. It took me all day last week to get through to someone.

I've never had any problems getting through to them, always fast & the correct department... phoned them recently a couple of times no problem... also used the online system to renew without a hitch:-D

I've never had any problems getting through to them, always fast & the correct department... phoned them recently a couple of times no problem... also used the online system to renew without a hitch:-D

You must have had a good day then. Having said what I did in the earlier post, I did get through pretty quickly today, but I used a number that was on a letter they sent me. Why can't they list the different sections and their numbers on the net?:idea:

The only reason I've stuck with Roadsure for my 2 trucks, is that as far as I can gather, they are the only company to cover anyone over 25 to drive with my permission. This means if someone wants a go at a show they can hop in and have a go, at least with the Explorer. The Militant needs cat C unfortunately, so thats a bit more limiting. The other companies when I asked all required named drivers.

Jules

I am with FMJ. The Land Rover is about £90 a year, fully comp, agreed value and unlimited mileage. I called to add the Bedford MJ onto the policy and it cost me an extra £30 odd pounds. There is no recovery with this company though.

One thing I will say is that they score very poorly on customer service. I've had to call them a few times in the last few weeks. You call the number and get put straight into a que. You wait ages and then give up, only to try again later but get the same. It took me all day last week to get through to someone. Also when you get through and ask for the Military Vehicle department you are told to call another number. On calling this number (and having to wait just as long in the que for someone to answer the phone) you ask "is this the Military Vehicle section?" only to be told no and for them to give you the number you originally called!!!:shocked:

These have also been taken over by another company. Gone are the days when you could call the number, get straight through to someone on the other end who actually knew what they were doing.

IIRC - they were taken over by AON - who are one of the bg names in classic vehicle insurance. My lot are done with FMJ and I've had no problems at all in talking to people when I need to.

Don't know if it's of any help but just had the renewal from NFU for my LR, admittedly civi, but free roadside assistance and recovery to nearest repairer if necessary is now included in the policy. It does not incude homestart or recovery to home but this can be negotiated at extra cost.

As discussed before with Roadsure, it worth asking the question what extras they have you down for on the policy.

When I checked they were charging me extra for key replacement and a few other things which I had never asked for and were not particularly appropriate on a Universal Carrier.

A wee bit about NFU had my renewal for my van £535 fully comp 2003 vito , and went to direct line and got the same cover for £315, called NFU back and thery would'nt budge on price , so bye bye NFU the Patrol is up next £645 fully comp £289 direct line again , well it pays to shop for civvy stuff ,BACK TO TOPIC

Jamie

The only reason I've stuck with Roadsure for my 2 trucks, is that as far as I can gather, they are the only company to cover anyone over 25 to drive with my permission. This means if someone wants a go at a show they can hop in and have a go, at least with the Explorer. The Militant needs cat C unfortunately, so thats a bit more limiting. The other companies when I asked all required named drivers.

Jules

NFU does anyone over 25

http://www.hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?t=13684&highlight=trailer+insurance

A wee bit about NFU had my renewal for my van £535 fully comp 2003 vito , and went to direct line and got the same cover for £315, called NFU back and thery would'nt budge on price , so bye bye NFU the Patrol is up next £645 fully comp £289 direct line again , well it pays to shop for civvy stuff ,BACK TO TOPIC

Jamie

Try Lifesure, my Toyota Hilux Surf 3.0lt SSRG is about £240 fully comp, and thats a Jap import.