Dunsfold collection.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

A few of those Series One's were something to do with a electric company if i remember correctly. One of the amphibious looking Land Rover's was a prototype for the Australian army i think.

Actually Post Office Engineering (it says so on the door):rofl:

I cant believe the lack of responce to some of the subjects here,whats the point of us taking the trouble to do this and you lazy buggers cant join in,The other thing that grinds my gears is people ask for you to post something and when you do you dont even get a thank you or kiss my asre.I include some of the management in this.

You wont find me bothereing in the future.:argh:

They are all very interest vehicles . I would have commented but know nothing of them beyond the comment made earlier of Land Rover multiple times. Don't feel discouraged .While other members are busy getting ready for shows and such it sometime take a while for the knowledgeable ones to find the post and comment .

They are all very interest vehicles . I would have commented but know nothing of them beyond the comment made earlier of Land Rover multiple times. Don't feel discouraged .While other members are busy getting ready for shows and such it sometime take a while for the knowledgeable ones to find the post and comment .

Your to kind ABN,there lazy:-D

OK NXC 511 D on chassis number 33500001A, IIB diesel No1

My dads landrover was a 12 seater station wagon reg no MXC417D he bought it from a doctor who had bought it back from Africa .

It was fitted with michelin sand tyres and was my mums first car , dad wasnt very happy when mum called one day and said it had broken down and that there was smoke coming from the "bump" in the back axle ,the crown wheel had sheared its bolts from the carrier bearing !!!:shake:

My dads landrover was a 12 seater station wagon reg no MXC417D he bought it from a doctor who had bought it back from Africa .

It was fitted with michelin sand tyres and was my mums first car , dad wasnt very happy when mum called one day and said it had broken down and that there was smoke coming from the "bump" in the back axle ,the crown wheel had sheared its bolts from the carrier bearing !!!:shake:

My S1 had Mich Xss sand tyres on it when i bought it,it had been in Tamanrset which is in the middle of the Sahars for a while.You needed a 10 point turn to turn round in a side street as the turning circle was huge.

They were so jelly like the car wobbled if you pushed it sideways:rofl:but in sand unbeatable.

OK then CW, I might be wrong, but I think this one is one of the first Series 2 with Rover diesel engine, could be Chassis No. 2. I think its original owner could have been the Milk Marketing Board. If this is correct, I will tell you more.........

Cheers,it would be 2litre then the same as my S1 if thats the case as you know the 88inch chassis was to accomadate the diesel.cw.NOS has a milk marketing board truck its a tanker he is making out its some american fuel truck:-D

Yep good pics...

Me too... I know b*gger all about landravers and strangerovers...

'cept it don't like 'em... but that's only my opinion and i like 80's rock music so my taste is deeply questionable anyway!

Post on CW, post on

I dont like em either they have driven me mad for years,i could never understand why they took a perfectly good jeep and turned it into an 80.

i like trance so i am no better:-D

Cheers,it would be 2litre then the same as my S1 if thats the case as you know the 88inch chassis was to accomadate the diesel.cw.NOS has a milk marketing board truck its a tanker he is making out its some american fuel truck:-D

CW,

I was hoping you could confirm it was a diesel. I could be wrong, but the registration number rings a bell :confused:

That old MMB tanker, I expect it would have been pulled by a Thames Trader then :-D :rofl:

CW,

I was hoping you could confirm it was a diesel. I could be wrong, but the registration number rings a bell :confused:

That old MMB tanker, I expect it would have been pulled by a Thames Trader then :-D :rofl:

I probably can.

Have seen a vague picture of the NOS wagon i think its more like Commer Karrier:rofl:

OK then CW, I might be wrong, but I think this one is one of the first Series 2 with Rover diesel engine, could be Chassis No. 2. I think its original owner could have been the Milk Marketing Board. If this is correct, I will tell you more.........

Chassis no3 Petrol early engine same as S1.also has early semi floating axle.Restored in 93 i think.

Is the Range Rover Classic the first of the factory 4 door models?

It is an early 4door.Y reg would be correct,The door lock half way up is right for 81 to 83.Vertical bar grill up to 85.Exposed door hinges make it pre 90.Bumper end caps were introduced in 82 made standard in 83 this one doesnt have them,i guess its a genuine early 4 door.Steering wheel 4 spoke up to 88 also fits in.:-DPass me my anarak.