See you in normandy?

rippo

Keep a lookout for a small group of Australians and a couple of Kiwis who shipped their WW2 vehicles to Turkey and are now driving towards Normandy for the big day(s). Last report had them in Verdun.

There are a number of blogs on the web relating to the trip - here's one:

http://sewellnormandy.blogspot.com/

Jack

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We've loaded up and are off tomorrow morning: Stuart, Scout car, WC 52, Matchless & the Triumph. We're based near Vierville, you can't miss the place, there should be a few tanks. And if anybody sees a 3HW with a 7th AD patch on the side being ridden by a hooligan give me a wave..

good evening tous.je has would please to me to pass to see you on your campements.je would be as a civilian but I tightened recognizable because I will carry a badge-not of the forum.je shoed photographs that l' one will poura to find the very same day on the forum .vous summers all awaited on our ground Normande and a good acceuil will be also made has our friends Australian and Italian.

ok if anyone sees a white lynns travel eastbourne coach give me a wave still unsure where i will be based and where visiting as the boss is away till wed morning but do know it will be in the british areas as carying normandy vets on board

as soon as i know will post and find people nearby to visit i hope

Joris is arrived yesterday after 8 hour drive in his Dodge - we will be joining him on Wednesday - to polish him up on his English...taking his time to pick our language up:coffee:

Rumour has it that Jim 'the forces' Clark is taking a Jimmy - will have my camera ready for evidence :writing::computerrage:

ok daft question but where are you all staying and where are the camps so as soon as i know where you are i might be able to get to you

Good stuff!

here we are here somewhere :)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Cherbourg-Octeville,%20Frankrijk&daddr=49.378629,-0.910664&hl=nl&geocode=&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=1&sz=14&sll=49.363818,-0.916929&sspn=0.04142,0.077248&ie=UTF8&z=14

Me and my dad are off on Thursday morning leaving home about 4am for the early ferry at Portsmouth. Just can't wait now, only two more days at work before the off. :yay:

Weather looks good! Try Metcheck france Cartret. That's local to the beaches.

I've just looked at the weather on the BBC site and it says we are going to have rain on Saturday :(.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/2150 (click the play button on the Maps section lower down the page)

Me and my dad are off on Thursday morning leaving home about 4am for the early ferry at Portsmouth. Just can't wait now, only two more days at work before the off. :yay:

I've just looked at the weather on the BBC site and it says we are going to have rain on Saturday :(.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/2150 (click the play button on the Maps section lower down the page)

Looki for the one running about like a chicken with it's A** on fire at the docks. That'll be me. :-D

Looki for the one running about like a chicken with it's A** on fire at the docks. That'll be me. :-D

:-D Will do. Although will probably be catching a few zzzz's :sleep: after the early start!!!

Forgot to ask jack are you taking any stock or is this just a holiday!!!!

Dave

Hi Dave not taking any stock even though I need too - Mrs Beckett gave me a loving look so that put pay to that. I do have some meeting whilst there and going to look at some 'stuff' so more business than pleasure.

Kiddies will be taken out of school and the school has been told that they are going on a one hell of a history lesson. I have hired a minibus and it will be badged up as the HMVF TOUR BUS :-D

hello has every body.

i would make just small information for those which currently come in Normandie.

nous naps with social movements national on behalf of the farmers, who reglament readjustment of their price d' purchase of milk by the coopératives.

par cefait it have faient pressure on the direction of large distributions for qu' it withdraw from their rays all the dairy products and derived. You will thus not find milk, butters, yaourth nor fromages.

c' is a roof for a country with so many cheeses and an area which has of so beautiful cows in the parures.ne not knowing if you can import dairy products with you, it will be can be not possible to you to make a good French breakfast bread-crescent and coffee or the without milk. cordialement.

:-D

you tackle extremely the morning Mr. Tony B.en France one says when you have to celebrate the day before qu' well; it is necessary to take in the small hour by what you finished in the absence of milk if the apple-brandy is too strong for some one to little replace it by whisky or then to brush the teeth.:-D