Government u-turn for landings

Mark Collins

It has now suddenly dawned onthe faceless mandarins what a great photo and TV opportunity this is to get Gordon Brown's smarmy smile in amongst a group of Normandy vets...... as if the whole thing had anything to do with him:argh: Makes me sick to think about it.

If mods think this is political I don't consider it any more political than us raising money for the vets only to have the whole thing hijacked.

I have thought long and hard before posting but feel it does need to be said.

As much as I don't like agreeing with Degsy...but I agree with Degsy. Is that an oxymoron?

On a serious note and I will post this up in the campaign section but look at this. I do not know the gentleman who sent me this but I have written him a letter of thanks. This who campaign has touched many people.....very special.

NVA1.jpg

Edited by Marmite!!
reposted attachment

One moment chaps - my fault - I had blanked out the gentlemans address but Lee just gave me the heads up that it could still been seen so I will do it again and put it back up........I couldn't see the address but then again I couldn't read the tent date either.

I need a day off.

One moment chaps - my fault - I had blanked out the gentlemans address but Lee just gave me the heads up that it could still been seen so I will do it again and put it back up........I couldn't see the address but then again I couldn't read the tent date either.

I need a day off.

NO......:n00b: i'VE TOLD YOU BEFORE WHAT YOU NEED, forget the vanity and GET YOUR A..E DOWN TO SPECSAVERS:sweat::-D

That is what it is all about...............................wow!!!!

Too right, and - putting the upstaging efforts into context - I'm certain that this £20 given with respect and gratitude will mean far more to the veterans than any big amount from the government given with guilt.

In fact, sod it, at least I have a job, so I'll match this gent's £20 out of respect to him. :tup::