Post war RAF vehicles

Austin

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob Morrison did a few lines and some pictures on the Red Arrows Lightweight in the old Land Rover Owner magazine. It was as a result of a query from a reader.

The lightweight went on tour with them and was stowed in the C130 Hercules that carried all their support kit. When the team came through Ottawa, Canada a bunch of years ago I went onto the ramp to take ome slides of it but it was never unloaded. All I got was partial shot inside the aircraft.

Robin

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Richard it even has the square lift up flap to gain access to the rad cap looks like a cab graft Mnnnn !!

Ted,

Knowing how those lower panels rotted out, they may not have had S type ones available, but only R type. I did a complete rebuild of one of these in late Seventies, right down to the bare chassis. Cannot read the reg. number in the photo, to see if it was the same one. Yes, I recollect the access flap was civvy type, with chrome handle, as you describe.

Richard the reg number of the one on the right is 16 AK 54, not likely to be the one you rebuilt though as the picture was taken in 1986 !! (Unless, of course, that you did the rebuild while it was still in service)

Edited by ianscales

Richard the reg number of the one on the right is 16 AK 54, not likely to be the one you rebuilt though as the picture was taken in 1986 !! (Unless, of course, that you did the rebuild while it was still in service)

Found the number, it was 12 AK 57 and was still in service at the time......given a new lease of life !

• 2 weeks later...