January CMV

snowtracdave

I never know what to do with mine after i have read it,your welcome if you can wait,cw.

Well, I'll tell you what I do with those magazines. I bring them to our old wooden cabin into the mountains. There they stay, so that I can re-read them whenever I'm there. Just imagine: the fireplace burning, me sitting in my rocking chair and it's all quiet around.... Ahhh...

Marty

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Well, I'll tell you what I do with those magazines. I bring them to our old wooden cabin into the mountains. There they stay, so that I can re-read them whenever I'm there. Just imagine: the fireplace burning, me sitting in my rocking chair and it's all quiet around.... Ahhh...

Marty

Sounds cold,rather be on the balcony somewhere warm watching the girls go by,:cool2:i am to young to be that old.:-D

Thanks for the offer CW, cant say Im that patient when it come to CMV!

Ok mate not to worry carry on stuffing them down me trousers to try and keep warm.i do miss wheels and tracks now that was a proper job.:coffee:

Ok mate not to worry carry on stuffing them down me trousers to try and keep warm.i do miss wheels and tracks now that was a proper job.:coffee:

Totally Agree, CW...........well, re wheels and tracks, anyways, :) what you keep down the front of your troosers :shake: I DON't want to know about.........:sweat::cool2:

Looking foe three binders for the above mag, if anyone's got any,.......also a few duplicate copys.......

CW - not sure if we have had this conversation on HMVF but what would make, what would it take to make the perfect mv mag......? This a question not a statement!

First thing you'd need is another Bart Vanderveen :idea:

First thing you'd need is another Bart Vanderveen :idea:

This is of course true.This is allmost imposible to answer as everyones idea is bound to differ.

We have breached the subject in private,i dont know if its been covered before on HMVF as i am just a new moosh.

Without setting out to upset any one working for the military comics,oops magazines sorry.My personal opinion is the magazine needs to be imformative/educational,run by enthusiasts who are not trying to make a comercial success out of it,i would rather pay more for such a mag than less for what we have now.As i havs said to you during one of our tug of war discussions off forum,the mistakes are many,and the photos a lot of the time seem to be chosen for the wow factor rather than historical correctness.very often a vehicle chosen as the ferret on front page of a recent mag,will be a poor picture photographically,enhanced to get round the problem,Standard practice tho now sez snapper.Also supporting kit from different eras,Many years ago a photo i desperatly wanted of myself on a wilderness trip was not printed by a lab due to the negative being too thin,it was a night shot.I went out and purchased the whole kit to develop this myself,this was in the early days of colour for amatures,i managed the picture and was very pleased ,i dread to think of the cost.but it still makes me smile now.I tell you this so you understand i do have what i consider a resonable knowledge of things photographic

As that picture still pleases me, when i pick up an old mag and look again

its nice to say wow now i know why i kept it ,its really good.i dont feel this happens with modern mags.

I think we got as close to the best we could in its time with Wheels and tracks And Bart.What would it of been like if it started now we can only guess,So Jack make your MAgazine a modern version of Wheels and Tracks with as little comercial advertising as you can get away with,make the facts correct,use a poor picture that is correct rather than good pic that is incorrect.I think six copys a year about a tenner a copy.

Second thoughts this generation will never buy it,PS and definitely dont chop peoples heads off and plant them on others bodis.

Jack i think you would of liked it all those years ago ,we had the best of it compaired to now.All that freedom,Off roading,finding stuff that didnt cost a fortune.Ruddington sales,the list goes on and on.can i go to work now.cheers CW.

campfire0001.jpg

Me and mrs cw the 2nd,i see on the back it says 13sec exposure 10 cyan 65 magenta.sounds like it was a real pain to do.well it was 37 years ago.:shocked::shake:

looks like a gnome on the left :rofl:

Thats great coming from a Pixie.Military content what is the Gnome wearing on his head,

come to think of it when i helped to run a youth club they called me the poison dwarf,never could work that one out.

The little Hitler one i definitely new the reason for that,the little baskets

the girls were worse than the boys.:-D

If that is a question..........a Cap Comforter, by the looks of it.

Was that in your Hippy days? :rofl:

Cap comforter,correct.

No mate in my Happy days.Mrs CW2nd was ten years younger than me:cool2::sweat:

It was in Glen affaric in the highlands,we drove the s1 the 600 miles then walked about ten to gain access to about ten monros we wanted to climb all over 3.000 ft.

before you ask we never did them all.

campfire0003.jpg

It was in Glen affaric in the highlands,we drove the s1 the 600 miles then walked about ten to gain access to about ten monros we wanted to climb all over 3.000 ft.

before you ask we never did them all.

I was thinking the photo was taken on the road to Marrakesh.......but it was closer to home then.