new to site

Hello everyone. I found HMVF through the WW11Reenactors Forum. I'm already on G503 which should tell you I have Jeeps (2)! I've been a military vehicle owner and on going restorer for the last 27 years. I still own the first Jeep I bought 27 years ago and currently doing a full body off rebuild as the tin worm has been active. The 2nd Jeep is also in bits and I do jobs on this between the work on my first one!

I'm a member of Military Vehicle Trust, Victory in Europe Reenactment Association and Royal British Legion (last but not least).

I really want to get at least one Jeep together for RBL fundraising in future and for Arnhem in 2009 when I hope to take our Branch Standard to represent our area. Unfortunately, age, bad back and growing awareness of my mechanical limitations is slowing me down.:)

I'm in Pontefract, West Yorkshire. I'm known on reenactors forum as Border Lofty (as VERA represent the Border Regt). Happy to answer to Barry or Lofty.

I really want to get at least one Jeep together for RBL fundraising in future and for Arnhem in 2009 when I hope to take our Branch Standard to represent our area.

What a great incentive to get a jeep up and running :thumbsup:

I'm sure the jeep boys and girls will give you plenty of support. Welcome and good luck with the restoration.

And to help you meet the deadline I've put in an application to have you barred from the clubhouse bar at weekends :-D

Thanks for the welcome. To PrivateMW - bring your spanners! To NOS, I'm already barred - my wife got in first. To Tony B, the older gits are running rings round me.

To Rick W, I ask myself the same question. Suffice to say, I got the 2nd one as a quick put together project - I can only plead temporary insanity- there is no such thing as a "quick" MV project. My first and most original Jeep is 12th Feb 42, Canadian contract slat grill, with all original data plates. It has its original engine although this is out being fettled at present and I would say the complete Jeep is at least 90% original.

My 2nd one is a bitsa - bitsa Ford and bitsa Willys, obviously having been through a rebuild at some time. I want to do this as airborne, for the Border veterans.

Any one who wants to lend a hand is very welcome as my mechanical knowledge soon gets surpassed!

I've been out Poppy selling this morning, so catching up now.

Hey Lofty,

Welcome to the Friendly Forum. Bad backs are as honourable as bad knees, so join the happy gang in rehab. We have the best biscuits..

MB

Lofty - take note, I don't think this is correct - I believe the one below is nearer the truth:

Hey Lofty,

Welcome to the Friendly Forum. Bad backs are as honourable as bad knees, so join the happy gang in rehab. We have already had the best of the biscuits..

Edited by N.O.S.

Touchy, touchy.

Listen mate - I know the Mods biscuits are not for sharing. We have to have some privileges in the Mess that don't involve Jack's coiffure products or bloody tents. But there is a warm glow about sharing food with chums. Just ask 118. There is photographic evidence. Jack brought the greens. Yum.