storage near withams for a couple of weeks

David Ives

does anyone know somewhere near withams that i can store a trailer at for a couple of weeks:cool2: as i put a bid on for a catering trailer and with my luck i won two just need to go and get them but i can only tow one at a time:argh:

TWO.........:shocked:

Now thats just being plain greedy, David........:rofl:

wot o david, you ll be busy next year breakfast cooking on one trailer and roast dinner on the other cant help with storage, what about borrowing 14 or 16 foot ifor williams trailer and bringing them home together if they have a fork lift their end :cool2:

regards

David,

They will fit on a trailer, they are about 500kg, so 2 on a trailer is still much less than a Land Rover.

You obviously weren't aware you could bid on one lot OR another lot. Very useful when you don't want to end up with 6 FV432s!

Chris

unfortunatly i couldnt attend so i had to bid via the online system and that dosnt let you say if you win one then the second bid would be canceled

i got a friend up that way to look at them and he said they didnt look to bad even the covers dont need replacing

just a shame my landrover has a nato hitch so normal trailers wont fit on it

I would agree with Chris, best to trailer them both if you can.

I had a look at them whe I viewed the tender, while they looked OK most of these have been standing for a while now, so I would not want to tow it too far without giving the brakes/running gear a service.

Sound like you got your two for a good price though, hope you have fun using them!

:sweat:

unfortunatly i couldnt attend so i had to bid via the online system and that dosnt let you say if you win one then the second bid would be canceled

i got a friend up that way to look at them and he said they didnt look to bad even the covers dont need replacing

just a shame my landrover has a nato hitch so normal trailers wont fit on it

You could of also bid by post or fax... also did you remember there is vat to pay on your winning bid price... quite a few get caught out by that...

unfortunately i couldn't attend so i had to bid via the on line system and that doesn't let you say if you win one then the second bid would be canceled

i got a friend up that way to look at them and he said they didn't look to bad even the covers dint need replacing

just a shame my land rover has a NATO hitch so normal trailers wont fit on it

Dave,

i expect you've already thought of the possibility of fitting a ball temporarily :???

Ashley

Mike,

If you bid using the paper form, and either hand it to them or fax it, you can list several lots and write a note saying this one or that one. I know it's not in the terms, but you can do it and lots of people do.

Chris

dont think id be able to use a standerd trailer as l/rover is 24 volt army fitting and nato hitch so will probably have to do two trips so looking for storage for a week near bottom of m11

thanks to the lads who have offered help possibley will move one to london area then go back for second one as will have to take light lenses for each one

Mike,

If you bid using the paper form, and either hand it to them or fax it, you can list several lots and write a note saying this one or that one. I know it's not in the terms, but you can do it and lots of people do.

Chris

Thanks Chris, that is worth knowing as I have always bid online.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

well i managed to get both sorted but as chris said always get photos of the exact items you are buying at withams

i was told that the two i was bidding on one had a table and one had one oven but when i went to collect them both were empty but a couple of the others had been fully kitted out in the same area

luckally i had one oven from my old no 5 cookset and now i have to find a couple of side tables so if anyone has a couple of 6ft fold up leg tables please let me know