Ward La France Gallery

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

here are some pictures of our ward at the 70th anniversary at slapton when we arived the locals where very please to see us some of the holiday makers had a shock when they cam around the narrow roads down throught street ton meet us around the cornor.

WP_000109 (800x600).jpg

we camped in one of the american camp fields overlooking the lay

DSCF4120 (800x600).jpg

this was the largest vichiel on the american road they said they cut the hedges back on when we got there there havent trimmed it back far enough but we still went through

DSCF4122 (800x600).jpg

DSCF4107 (800x600).jpg

at the top of the field looking out to see

DSCF4090 (800x600).jpg

parked up down in the car park near to them memoral sherman tank

WP_000117 (800x600).jpg

in a convoy getting ready to set of to the event now looking forward to the next anniversary event for us at woolacombe

yes it was great fun leading the convoy with the ward followed by the DT wreacker halftrack two gmcs and a bedford i would like to of seen it go past my self and its looked impressive in the mirrors with everything runnning behind :D

• 5 weeks later...

Took the Ward LaFrance to the local Father's day show today. I got an award, the announcer told the crowd it was the largest vehicle there and could probably lift the whole parking lot. I let a lot of kids climb into the cab and they had a great time. The green color vehicle parked next to the truck is my neighbors 1917 Model T huckster pick up. The 2 kids sitting behind my wrecker are my pit crew, one is neighbor and the other is my son. They helped DSCN0260.jpg pulling out the outrigger on the right side and later, putting it back in.

John G

DSCN0255.jpg

DSCN0256.jpg

DSCN0257.jpg

DSCN0258.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
That's the 2nd Sherman recovery that truck has done (Adrians' at A&E and now Jims), well done! Has the clutch air cylinder been fitted to the gear box yet?

Vince (former occasional co-driver of your Ward LaFrance under TootallMikes custodianship)

Shermans just attract them Vince - it's like you Ward La France guys go and sabotage them at night :coffee:

• 1 month later...

Awhile ago, I acquired a spare Continental 22R that was rebuilt in 1977. The engine was painted red when it was rebuilt. I did some exploring and removed several layers of paint. red, olive drab, a smattering of yellow and a light blue. The air compressor was red, olive drab and a green that was close to a detroit diesel green. I decided to repaint it back to it's original color, or close to it. I chose a Pontiac engine blue for 1957 to 1963 engines. To make the job easier for cleaning and painting, I removed the water pump and compressor. Upon further inspection, I did not like the "feel" of the water pump when I turned it by hand, I disassembled it, found the packing had dried out, the grease was hard and some rust scale. I bead blasted the housing , installed new packing and finished it off with fresh water pump grease. Good as new. I inspected the compressor and found that the unloader valves were stuck, a little turning with machine oil "light" and they freed right up. I painted the compressor with TM-9 paint using their "munition" color. Left me know if I got the colors close. Now I just have to do the other side of the engine.

John G

DSCN0401.jpg

DSCN0404.jpg

Edited by 42 chevy