Ward La France Gallery

I don't know his name,the family run the filling station/mot station and always come out to fuss the dogs in back of the truck lol,he has photos of her winching diggers that'd sank at nearby quarry out,I'm sure he'd be an asset to the forum if he's a silver surfer lol

• 2 months later...
I should have spotted that the first ones a mack NM and not a WLF (Should have gone to specsavers).

Here is one in not so good condition. (possibly an ex wynns one looking at the rear body)

Ross

[ATTACH=CONFIG]55598[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]55599[/ATTACH]

can any one tell me where this is and how much do you want for it from Arthur diamond t owner

hi all, in response to mr carters request about the ex wynns wrecker number 201, it belonged to a good friend of mine in bristol geoff brown, he owned 16 wlfs, he bought the wrecker two months before wynns became part of united transport and had abrand new gardner 150 engine. geoff used it full time for recovery and winching but it suffered a lot with transmission problems and the fact that it had 1200x20 and 1100x20 tyres. geoff sold the ward in 1985 for 350 pounds and he thinks it went up north.the ward is pictured in geoffs colours and he recalls the the front winch was missing due to the fact of the extra lenth of the gardner engine.i think we can assume that the old girl has been cut up , hope of interest tony g.

Great photo! If that truck still had a petrol engine it would have been a veeeery slow journey...

Well, to my awareness, the Swiss never switched to diesel or newer engines. All of the trucks (GMCs, Diamonds etc) had always their original engines...

Sorry for the confusion, but I was asking about the items on the boom itself, not on the boom tower. Very interestin pictures you posted, as there is a ward lafrance early series, with a aftermarket closed cab and series 5 controls. I also like the Kenworth 571? closed cab with the later series controls, there are not many of those trucks left.

thanks for posting.

John G

Hi Tony

This is the official website. Burgdorf is not a museum, so you can't just pop down. However, it is open to guided tours, which last around 2-3h, depends on the interest of the visitors. That's the reason why only group tours are offered. The group should consist of about 8 - 10 people (at least), and only about 1-2 guides speak English. So you would have to enquire quite some weeks before your visit as there are sometimes very busy times as well.

Hope that helps...

Greetings

Chris

• 1 month later...

Hello all;

A new addition is scheduled to arrive on Friday. This is the last series 5 from Kevin Kronlund's collection.

Kevin was tragically killed in farm accident this past February. This truck was "redone" by Army Cars Holland and was reimported by Kevin in 2002?. I have operated this truck several times at Kevin's fall parties. It has all the goodies,and as any Ward LaFrance owner knows, if you get a truck without all the tools (goodies),you could spend years and a lot of money collecting them all. I need another truck like I need a hole in my head, but I could not pass on this opportunity. The restoration is starting to show it's age, just some minor touch ups are in order. I will post pictures upon it's arrival. So the collection has grown and any more acquisitions in the future will mean getting rid of something. My dad used to say, "never say never" but this is it:)

So 1 Diamond T 969A, 1 series 2 and 1 series 5, and a Chevy dump round out the collection.

John G

For those needing the correct siren light knob, I just had these made and have a limited number available. The original knob is on the left. These come with the set screw and will work with a BO drive or panel light switch. $40.00 usd plus shipping. PM me if interested.

thanks

John G

GEDC0023.JPG

Here are the photos as promised, the series 5 parked next to it's older brother, the series 2.

John G

Looks great John,

Those tyres look like the ones Mark (Heliops) has on his truck. Are they Dutch mfr.?

What is the small box mounted on the crane frame above the right hand spare wheel?

- MG

Mike;

The tires are Goodyear, US manufacture. The box you asked about is the spare parts box and is fully stocked as per thr TM.

On another note on the parts you are collecting for me, you advise to replace the torque rod pins when replacing the torque rods, so please add them to the list!

Also part of the deal with the truck, I got a spare rebuilt 22R

John G