British Army collectors guide?

Jack

This is a well put together book which gives a good overview on the evoloution of uniforms and some other equipment from pre-war SD to late BD. I'm a bit concerned to see what they ask for the hardback now but the paperback is a good price.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_b/026-4873427-2354050?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=The+World+War+II+Tommy%3A+British+Army+Uniforms+European+Theatre+1939-45+&x=14&y=17

A bit of a shame that they weren't quite so fussy to get the BSA M20s in period.

Are you suffering a bout of nationalism then, Jack, and abandoning the US look for the GMC for a British one instead??? :):)

Neil has a very good point here and it is something on my long list - I like the QL's or the bren gun carriers as it was something that my grandfather talked about using in WW2.

Quite possible. I suspect that he may be looking for photos of British tents perhaps?

Tim (too)

Tim has a point here too. We are looking at recreating British WW2 camp kit and equipment...so any advice welcomed.

Tim has a point here too. We are looking at recreating British WW2 camp kit and equipment...so any advice welcomed.

How about a nice British re-enactment helmet?

http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?t=8033

About MV's....BSA folding bike.

You could bring it for the Eindhoven parade and paradrop at Ginkel Heath, I allways take the bike and ride it.