Duxford MV show this weekend (15th June)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was up there wandering around in the HMVF shirt - didn't meet any other forum members though.......

A great day out with some excellent vehicles there, large and small. I fell in love with the Matador although the desert Chevrolet came a close second. I scrounged a lift up with Stuart and the rest of the AMVG group as none of my vehicles is in a road going condition (well - the OT is but I've still got to overcome the DVLA hurdle). Good run up - VERY interesting run back as just past the M25/M11 interchange in the midst of road works the points on Stuarts Landie decided to give up the ghost!!

Some nifty spanner work by Stuart got us going again - only to find Stans Landie wouldn't start. So Kevin in the SUMB towed Stan whilst we headed down to the A 406. Just about got there when Stuarts Landie gave up the ghost permanently. By then Stan had his Landie running again so the tow was cast off and he carried on home whilst the SUMB was hooked up to Stuarts and we were towed home.

Will post some pic's once they are uploaded.

good day even with the fun on the way home,even had fun in the duxford arena!!!!just got to wash the mud off the landy

It's a Ford Model T Huck Starter, for starting early aircraft.

Thanks Lauren, the only thing I could come up with was a half restored autogyro, and I just knew it couldn't be that! :-D

I realy must get to Duxford next time, nice photos folks.

Here is the Hawker Fury??? being prepared for starting , unfortunately a radio fault caused its flight to be delayed and I didn't see the actual start up ! Thanks for posting the Shuttleworth video Lauren ! Andy ! DSC03497.jpg

Listed as a Nimrod in another gallery:confused: